THIRTY

( 30 一 A PARTING OF WAYS. )

Chubs was showing them the tip that Cate had sent through, notifying them that the listing wasn't on the skip-tracer network. The tablet showcased Liam's bruised, scowling face. Signs that he had been living rough as obvious as black paint on a white canvas.

His reward was listed as $200,000, a big catch according to Chubs. Most kids, like a Green or a regular Blue, would go for $10,000 but as you go further up the colour spectrum the reward increases. That's why Clara wasn't all that surprised when she saw Ruby's reward was $400,000 with her own at $450,000. It made sense if you thought about it.

"Why are we listed so high?" Ruby asks, completely oblivious to everything apparently.

"Do you really need me to spell it out for you? You both escaped Thurmond with the help of the League, Clara's one of the first recorded Oranges who was also in a testing facility. Oh and you are, by the way, also an Orange," Chubs exclaimed, pointing to Ruby for emphasis.

Ruby turned to look at Clara with raised eyebrows at his outburst but Clara just shook her head at her, a grin tucked into the corner of her mouth. "Hey Chubs," Clara said. He nodded his head indicating he was listening. "What are all these listings? I've never been to Maine or Georgia," she asked him while indicating at all the listings on her profile.

"Oh well, I post them sometimes to throw other skip-tracers off your scent. I've done the same for Liam, Zu and Ruby." Clara sends him a grateful smile, knowing he was looking out for them even when they weren't together.

"Hey, Asshats! Why am I the only one working?" Vida yelled from across the site. Chubs jumped out of the car they had been sitting in, in two seconds flat, already stomping over to Vida who had crushed his tent into a questionable shape.

Clara already knew tho wouldn't end well so she followed quickly after him. "Could you not destroy my tent, you ungrateful wretch?" he sneered at her.

"Okay, that is more than enough. Let's keep the bloodshed to a minimum, shall we? It's not even 8:30 in the morning yet," Clara said, letting out a nervous laugh in an attempt to diffuse the tension. It appeared that they didn't even hear her joke and instead continued with their shouting match.

Concluding that she could do nothing for them, Clara made her way back towards Ruby and the car, opening the door just in time to see Ruby drop Chubs' tablet in shock. "Uhh, Rubes? You okay?" she asked her hesitantly.

"Oh, um, yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just looking through, you know, other listings," she said nervously. Clara had no idea why she would be acting so guilty until she caught sight of the name printed in bold letters along with no records found directly after it.

Clara sighed softly, "It's okay you know. To want to know what happened to him. What Clancy did to you was awful and you have every right to want to know he's not near you anymore."