Aqua, Fire, and The Inferno Sand

Chapter 5

"Oh no, oh no, oh no," Hazel said.

"What the heck is happening!" yelled Fauna. "And what is that?!"

Lumia gave a loud sigh.

"Unfortunately, this mountain is not a mountain, it's a Zezabar. A giant fire monster that disguises itself as a mountain and when people walk up its legs, like us, it moulds them in place. And after they are completely turned to stone it eats them." she stated, irritated. Everyone gasped.

"So you're saying we're all going to be eaten in a matter of seconds?!" panicked Shadow. Lumia sighed again.

"Probably a matter of minutes depending on how patient this guy is." she pointed at the Zezabar. And to answer her question the group noticed that molten rock was slowly climbing up their legs.

"Goodbye world," Fauna said sadly. "I wish I could have had more time." the rock climbed up their waists.

"I was only 11! This is so unfortunate!" Hazel cried. The rock climbed up their chests.

"Bye, everyone," Shadow yelled as tears sprang to his eyes.

"I'm thankful I met you gu-" Lumia screamed. A sudden whoosh of water splashed over the monster, who instantly crumbled to dust. And as a result, the group fell from his clutches into a small boat like a vehicle.

"Huh?" Shadow said. "Wait a second, I'm not dead right? Lumia! Fauna! Hazel!"

"No, you're not dead," an unknown voice said to him.

"Who are you?" Shadow said suspiciously. And what is this vehicle? He thought, looking around. It appeared to be a speed boat except for one thing, it was flying.

"Uh, am I just seeing things, or is this a flying boat that we're on?" Lumia asked the stranger.

"I'll answer both of your questions, first my name is Aqua, it's nice to meet you," she shook all four of their hands and they all thanked her bewilderedly. "And hi, I just saved your life, yes this is a flying boat," she said to them. Aqua has her hair up in a messy bun, she wore a deep blue jumpsuit to match her eyes and had dark brown skin. There was a sudden silence as everyone realized that they weren't dead.

"So uh... where exactly are we going?" Shadow said, breaking the silence.

"Oh, my house," Aqua replied, smiling back at him.

Aqua's house turned out to be quite a lot like Fauna's. It was a small log cabin with a small stone chimney it had two pale blue couches and small white cabinets that matched the dining room table, Aqua claimed that a friendly neighbour had given her his old house and had moved to a bigger one and he didn't have to continue paying for Aqua's house because in the elemental galaxy a specific amount of money was paid upfront to whoever owned the land and then there would be no more bills. The five of them sat immediately down on the soft couches.

"Yeah, guys you might want to be careful of-" Aqua started. A giant horse creature with a massive fishtail at the end of it galloped over to them and started licking their faces. "The lakehorse," she finished.

"Eww, gross," Hazel said, shaking dripping water off her jeans and tank top.

"Dewy likes to lick newcomers, but don't worry he doesn't have any teeth so he can't bite you," Aqua said, smiling for the sixth time since meeting the Quadro. She seems super...happy? Shadow thought to himself in disbelief.

Shadow noticed Fauna had been deep in thought this whole time.

"Aqua," she began, "Why are you, a water elemental...hiding on the fire planet?" she blurted. Suddenly Aqua burst into tears which didn't seem to fit her confident joyful personality. "Oh, was it really that bad?" Fauna asked. Aqua cried harder.