Tower 11

Epilogue

Aria slipped into the tower. The doorway led out to a long narrow passageway painted in opal black with the only light being six dimly lighted lanterns. Why does Execute have to be so dark and gloomy all the time? She thought to herself moving swiftly down the hallway. She entered the elevator at the end and pressed floor 7. She exited and entered another long hallway, this one was about three-quarters of the other one. Aria stepped in front of the first door and fished a letter out of her coat pocket. Tower 2, Floor 7, Door 1, it read. Execute had slipped this to her at their last meeting at Tower 3. That was the only tower she'd been to out of the 11 of them so this was the next step to becoming one of Execute's highest officials. (Each tower represented a different rank. From 11 being lowest to 1 being highest). Something Aria had always wished for after he had mentioned the idea on their first meeting. Of which she had been very nervous about. Execute had come to her on the dark planet's beach, Mermuna, three days earlier asking her if she'd join him. He'd said she had remarkable powers of both air and darkness and told her his backstory. After his sad story and wonderful comments, Aria was almost certain she'd join him. But she'd asked if fighting was involved and he said yes. That was what made her hesitant instead of almost certain. And look at me now, she thought to herself trying the door. To Aria's surprise, the door was locked and a keypad was revealed taking the place of the handle. Its numbers were in a fancy, rich black font and it requested only 3 digits. But like all keypads, it consisted of the numbers: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9. How am I supposed to enter a code I don't even know? Aria questioned herself. She looked at the letter for a long moment until finally, she realized something. Tower 2, Floor 7, Door 1.

"Three numbers," she breathed. Excitedly, Aria typed in the numbers. The door brushed aside to reveal a large circular table with twelve chairs, a different elemental in each, with only one chair empty. "I'm so sorry I'm late," she said, rushing inside.

"That is fine, Aria, we were just about to assign your mission," Execute said from the electro board. Aria slipped into the seat and looked at Execute attentively. "Your mission," Execute continued, pulling up an image of a large violet gem. "Is to retrieve this gem before this group of children take hold of it." The screen switched to show Shadow, Frost, Fauna, and Hazel.

"I will possess it before they even arrive," she said, bowing. Aria looked up. "And I am well aware of these foolish children."