𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

A U T U M N ' S  P O V

Sunday, 7th September.

I jolt awake due to loud banging on my bedroom door, I instantly knew who it was. My father. I checked the clock that was sitting on my nightstand and the red light shon 23:00.

Doesn't he know I start school tomorrow? Honestly, I don't even know how my father became my father. He is not responsible. A child should not be living with him but yet, here we are.

We've been living in a small house in Toronto, Canada, for three months now and it's been...nice. Apart from the constant abuse that I get from him it's been fine, I guess. I managed to get a job in the first two months of being here, thank goodness.

Most of the time he's either out because of his job, or he's getting drunk and high with his buddies. It's good when he's out but the worst thing? When he comes back, he needs to release his anger on something. And that something is me.

"Autumn, get the fuck out here now! Don't make me come in there!" He bellows, snapping me out my thoughts. I sit up and head to my door and unlock it, my hands shaking in the process. "In the kitchen, now!" He yells.

I tremble walking down the creaky, wooden stairs and enter the kitchen. My dad sits there on one of the stools by the kitchen island with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a joint in the other.

"Yes, dad?" I ask, playing with the hem of my hoodie and staring at the ground, too scared to look at him.

"Go get me more alcohol," he slurs taking a big gulp of the vodka and finishing it off.

"What? But I'm not 19 yet. They won't let me get any without ID, plus it's late an—"

"Did I fucking stutter? Get the fuck out my face and buy me some now!" He screeches and I flinch. I mentally curse knowing there's no way out of this.

"Ok." I reply and quickly run back up the stairs to my room to retrieve my purse and phone.

Oh wait, did I forget to mention? My dad has a job where he gets thousands and thousands of dollars but yet makes me get my own job and buy my own stuff.

But, when he wants stuff, he makes ME pay and go out and get stuff for him. Like excuse me, dad, you have your own money and you're using me? He mainly buys alcohol and drugs, but majority of the time makes me pay.

Also, with the stuff I buy, majority of the time he just takes it all away from me, claiming I don't deserve any of it. I head back downstairs and put my shoes on.

"Uh, what would you like?" I ask, my voice laced with fear.

"The usual, now go," he says, with the smell of weed lingering around the air. I trudge out the door and put my headphones in and start the long walk to the alcohol store.

Gosh, I wish I had a car, it's at least a thirty minute walk. Whatever, at least I have my music.

I walk down the long, gloomy, deserted road, that's only lit by a few street lamps that are flickering, kicking rocks beneath my feet and humming to my music.

I love Lana Del Rey.

It was slightly rainy, so I put my hood up and shove my hands in the pockets of my hoodie.

The store finally comes in sight; I sigh in relief and I make my way to the entrance. Making my way inside, I go to the isle and pick out the alcohol and walk to the till with my head hung low.

Please don't ID me.

"Can you show me some ID please?" The cashier asks, chewing loudly on her gum. I freeze midway getting the money out my purse.

Shit.

"Um sorry, I don't have any on me right now, I left it at home." I say, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"Sorry, we have a strict policy where if you don't have ID, we can't let you buy." She states, pointing to a sign on the wall.

No. No, no, no, no. Last time I didn't come home with anything, dad beat the shit out of me. God knows what he'll do to me this time.

"Please let me buy it I'm over 19, I promise, just don't tell any—"

"Sorry, I can't, now leave the shop." She states.

I let out as sigh of defeat and make the long way back home, terrified of what to expect.

God knows what he'll do to me this time.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

hey lovelies, i hope you liked this chapter!

i know it's really boring and short, but it's just to start off and get into the story.

𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴 !
𝘵𝘪𝘬𝘵𝘰𝘬: 𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢__𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 ; 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦
𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮: 𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢__𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴
𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵: 𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢__𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴
𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘺: 𝘷𝘧2𝘩6𝘯𝘸𝘭𝘩𝘢0𝘹𝘶𝘦7𝘤𝘣𝘴6𝘨9𝘳3𝘢7

𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘱𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘪𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 :)

𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦! <3