𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

A U T U M N ' S P O V

It's the end of maths and Grayson never showed up.

I mean, fine by me, I don't care.

I'm walking out of the school now, putting my headphones in, and walking the 15 minute journey back home.

Honestly miss getting free busses in London.

I arrive at my home and see that my dads car is parked in the driveway.

Shit.

Letting out a shaky breath, I saunter to the front door, silently praying he's asleep. I open the door and it lets out a loud, eerie creak in the process.

Pausing, closing my eyes, I mentally curse hoping he didn't hear that. Entering the house, I quietly shut the door behind me and take my shoes off.

Please be asleep or don't be home. Please be asleep or don't be home.

The strong smell of weed and alcohol lingers around the place, burning into my nostrils.

Turning to face the living room, I see him passed out on the sofa with a half empty vodka bottle in his hand and beer bottles, ashtrays lighters scattered all around him.

I exhale a trembling breath and start to walk over to him. Picking up the vodka bottle from his hand, I gently place it on the coffee table, hands shaking and palms sweating in the process.

Not daring to make a sound to wake him up, I begin to pick up all of the beer bottles, lighters and ashtrays, as quietly as possible.

Swiftly picking up the vodka bottle with my other hand, I carry everything in my arms and cautiously place it all in the correct recycling bins.

Heading back into the living room as quietly as I could, I grab a blanket from above the sofa and softly drape it over his body.

"Why did you have to turn out like this, dad?" I whisper out loud to him.

Swallowing back a sob, my throat and chest burn in the process as my eyes start to sting as if someone were poring salt water into them.

Making my way upstairs to my bedroom, my legs slightly quivering, I enter and start to get ready for work.

After I finish washing my face, brushing my teeth, putting on makeup and getting changed into my work clothes, I grab my tote bag and add a few essentials to it and head out my bedroom.