Chapter 38 - Wounded Angel

Chapter 38 – Wounded Angel

I'm lying on the grass in the middle of the field instead of on a bed, in Gustave's arms.

I can still feel his arms around me. My clothes still smell like him.

Tears run down my cheeks. I feel hollow.

I hate this, I hate not knowing where I am now, and if I'll ever see Gustave again.

I never knew loving someone could hurt this much. It shouldn't hurt like this.

It's like I'm grieving every time I leave him.

This is torture.

Finally, I take a deep breath and sit up. I look around myself.

I see water further away, and then two boys carrying a girl on a stretcher. Wait, no.

It's not just a girl. She has wings.

She's... is she an angel?

I get up and make my way to them.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask the little girl because she seems wounded and her eyes are covered in bandages.

Did the little boys hurt her?

But also, wings!

The boy at the back is glaring at me. "We don't need your help, okay? We're taking care of her. We don't need you."

A small smile appears on the girl's lips. Does that mean she's okay?

"I was just worried, sorry," I reply softly.

The boys keep walking, I follow them.

"We would never hurt her," the boy at the back tells me, still glaring at me.

He looks pretty determined. And the little angel is smiling at it.

"Can I help?" I ask.

She doesn't look that heavy, but they're children. I don't know how long they've carried her.

"No, we're fine," the boy at the front says.

"Okay..." I trail and stop walking. They don't need me, so I should just leave them be.

"Wait, you don't need to help up, but maybe I can help you," the little girl says, like she saw that I stopped following them.

I run up to them again. "Help me?" I ask.

"Yes, come here," she tells me, stretching a hand towards me.

"What?"

"Let me send you where you want to be," she says and rests a hand on my arm

The second she touches me I feel a zap and everything turns black. 

________

Hey! I just wanted to thank you for being patient with me. I know I take a while to upload this story, but I plan on finishing it by the end of the year, if that can cheer you up a bit. XD

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll upload more soon! :D