Chapter 55 - Justice and Divine Vengeance Pursuing Crime

Chapter 55 – Justice and Divine Vengeance Pursuing Crime

I open my eyes in the middle of chaos.

There are scorched paintings in my hands and I'm running away with them. I know I have to run. I'm not sure why I'm keeping the paintings. Maybe it's like I'm trying to hide the evidence of my crime.

Because I'm being chased by two angels and if they catch up with me, it'll mean trouble.

"Stop running away, and pay for your crime!" one of the angels yells at me, and the sound of his voice practically rattles my bones.

It the voice of a higher being that passes judgement with a single word from his lips.

Guilty.

I am guilty.

My crime is in my hands.

This is my sin. I know it. It's not a surprise for me.

I've been paying for this sin for what feels like an eternity now.

I know I've done wrong, and I know I deserve a punishment, but I still run.

I don't stop running.

It's all I've ever done since this curse started. I've been running, and never looking back.

It kind of feels like there is no looking back. Or nothing to go back to.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to go back to a normal life after this, if I ever do go back.

My old life feels so far away. It doesn't feel real anymore.

These paintings, this suffering, it feels more real to me now.

I know what I did was wrong, but I don't know how to make it right.

And I'm not ready for my judgement.

"STOP!" the angel yells again, and I have to close my eyes for a second with how deafening the sound of his voice is.

I don't stop. I keep running.

I don't want to be told I've been wrong. I never liked being told I was wrong. I never liked criticism.

Being cursed doesn't change that.

So, I keep running.

I trip on the ground, and on my dress and on my own feet, and again and again, I get back on my feet and keep running away.

The angels fly after me, trying to catch me, but more than once my tripping actually gets me out of their grip.

Until one of the angels clearly has enough, and unsheathe his sword, swinging it at me, catching my back, and making me stumble.

And this time, I'm not quick enough to get back on my feet.

I'm on the ground, and I turn to face them, and I kind of try to crawl back away from them, but it's useless.

I can see it in the eyes of the angels.

The one that isn't holding the sword looks at me sadly, and says, "Guilty."

The second angel nods. His sword pierces my heart at the judgement, and I die, the burned paintings scattered around me.