#7) Sambhal - the paradise

"Vaishnavi ?! Are you okay ?", I asked as I saw her groaning

"Vaishnavi ?! Are you okay ?", I asked as I saw her groaning. I quickly jumped onto the adjacent rock. She couldn't move her ankle. "It hurts !", she cried.

"You don't know how to climb hills, do you ?", I asked.
"I thought it would be easy", she complained.
"I think it's a sprain", I remarked as I thought for a while.

Somehow even Pawan wasn't around. Maybe he went ahead to tell Bhargava Dada about the situation.
"You know what ? Hop onto my back", I said as I moved closer.

"What ?! We could fall off", she warned.
"Ok then, stay here", I said as I pretended to move away.
"Hey wait… keep your back straight", she said as she jumped.

"Hold on tightly, miss princess. The road's a bit ROCKY."

We reached Vyasa Guru's house in the next few minutes. I dropped her on a nearby seat as I called Guruji. He came out with his attendants and Bhargava Dada.

"Great work, Karan. Now that we have the Kalkipuran, we can finally…"
"Guru Vyasa, I think the girl is in pain", Dada interrupted.

"Oh yes. Princess Vaishnavi", Vyasa hurried towards her.
"It's all coming together, isn't it ?", Dada smiled.

Pawan came out of nowhere and nudged me.
"I've waited centuries for this."
"What ?!"
"Nothing. Why don't you tell them about what happened ?"

"Ah yes. Dada, I even tried the weapon enhancements. Pawan called upon a storm and I used ice to…", I went on narrating the whole incident. But it seemed that knew it all.

I even showed them the EverWorld sword.
"The sword is good. But you know, there's a better sword up there, at the peak of Kailash", Dada pointed towards a visible peak.

"Is it time already ? For the sword ?", Vyasa interrupted. Vaishnavi gasped.

"What's wrong ?", I asked, as she got up.
"Nothing", she said as she left.
She was literally running. Was she still fearing her curse ? I took their leave, and headed in the direction where she went.

"Vaishnavi !", I called out as I wandered though the forests. Suddenly I heard her voice.
"Karan…"

I followed it. There she was.
At the edge of the waterfall. Lost into thoughts.

I sat next to her as I let the water touch my feet.
"So miss princess…"
"Just call me Vaishnavi", she said as she put her hand in the running water.

"Vaishnavi, I know this is tough for you. This is a big change. But you know.."

"Karan, can I ask you a question ?"

"Aren't you already asking one ?"
"What are we, really ? What are you ?"
"Well, that's something even I'm trying to find out. Ever since I've been here, I'm trying to act all normal. But trust me, I'm not as fearless and ruthless as I seem to be."

"What do you mean ?"
"I don't like hurting people. Your father's army… I just wanted to stop them in their tracks, just stop them. I didn't want to hurt them.
But, it seems that world doesn't want me to do that. It really pains you know. Seeing the people you've slaughtered. Just for the cause of righteousness.
I just think, even if somehow we end all this evil, and establish righteousness again. Will it be worth it ?"

"Establishing righteousness ? Isn't that something Narayan does ?"

"I've lost hope, Vaishnavi. I've lost people. I
don't think he'll come. We are the only ones who can do this. We've to become Narayan."

"We are the only ones… we are the only ones...", Vaishanavi kept on chanting.
"Are you okay ?", I asked, but her chanting didn't stop.

SPLASHHHHHH.

Vaishnavi pulled out her hand. Her hand was glowing. She held her hand up in the air.
"What are you..", my heartbeats got faster.

Tchk. She snapped her fingers.
I looked around hurriedly. Nothing. Complete silence.

"Phew", I said as I let out a breathe of relief.

But, Vaishnavi's eyes had widened, as she looked into the water. It did hit me now.

How could there be complete silence near the waterfall ?!

I looked beneath. The water had abruptly stopped it's flow. The turbulent flow remained stationery.

I noticed a smile coming on her face. Uh oh.

Without any warning, she jumped straight into the waterfall. I didn't give it any second thought too, as I jumped in too.

**What did you think of the seventh chapter ?
What do you think ? Why is Vaishnavi acting like this ?
Do vote and comment down your views. Next chapter will be uploaded tomorrow. Keep supporting !
And add this book to your library to get a notification whenever a new chapter is uploaded.**