4. Kazutora Hanemiya

Tokyo Revengers belongs to Ken Wakui.

This is purely fanfiction.

December 20, 1997

Someone broke into my house. It's a good thing I asked Ken to do the groceries. Everything was locked from the windows to the doors, but there's a puddle of water on the floor and the pitcher shattered on the counter. There's a missing apple from the basket and my cupboards are opened and in chaos. I quickly grabbed my pepper spray in case they were physically stronger than me. I crept around to see if the intruder is still here. I heard footsteps creeping about in the living room. 

I thought my eyes we're deceiving me. A boy, no older than 8 I'm assuming, scratches and bruises littered his arms seen in the thin tank top he's wearing. Soot and mud covered his legs and feet. Thin, borderline malnourished. I put the pepper spray back in my bag and turned the light son catching him by surprise. 

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

He crouched low ready to escape if I tried to catch him. His eyes dark with lack of sleep and his face hollow. 

"Where are you're parents?"

That seemed to struck a cord within the boy.

"I don't know.."

Hmm, I won't get answers like this. 

"Are you hungry? I was about to make dinner."

I cleaned the mess he made while he watched me from the doorway. Ken isn't due back for at least an hour or so, that gives me enough time to get some answers.

"So what's your name?"

"Like I'd tell you, lady." He glared at me scornfully.

"Okay Little Thief, how old are you?"

He just glared at me more. Cute.

...

I gave him a bag full of food before he left and did a background check on him. 

Hmm, Hanemiya Kazutora. Same age as Ken and with family issues as well. Oh dear, abusive and manipulative household. What to do?

"I'm home!"

"Welcome home Ken. Did you get everything on the list?"

"Yes, and I also bought some chicken thighs. There's this new recipe I wanna try, if it's okay?"

"Of course Ken! Now help me put the groceries away."

I checked my emails for anything urgent that I needed to reply to. Oh dear, Hell's Army is making a mess in Shibuya. I need to contact Ren.