iii.

★彡[ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ ]彡★

Isabelle flung open her apartment door with a grin plastered across her face as she stared at a slightly sheepish-looking Yelena standing in front of her, holding a bag containing takeaway food in her hands.

"Uh, I brought food?" Yelena stated, gesturing to the bags.

"What type?" Isabelle asked while Yelena bit her lip, glancing at the bag before back at her. 

"Thai," the blonde replied. "So, you said you wanted to do a movie night?"

Isabelle beamed at Yelena, motioning for her to come inside. The blonde obliged, brushing past the dark-haired female as she placed the containers of food on the table before wandering off to grab some plates.

"No need for that," Isabelle called out, causing the blonde to halt in her tacks and raise an eyebrow at her.

The dark-haired female grabbed the cutlery and drinks. "We can eat from the containers."

Reluctantly, Yelena nodded and walked towards Isabelle, accepting the cutlery she handed her as the opening screen of the movie began to play.

"What movie is this?" Yelena asked.

Isabelle glanced over at the blonde while she opened up her box of food, a grin on her face. "The first Mission Impossible. I still can't believe you've never watched it."

The blonde slumped down into her seat at the couch, playing with her food slightly. Yelena never had a chance to watch any movies growing up, especially with her widow training. 

Ever since she had joined the Avengers, she had become more and more aware of the world that she had fallen out of touch with and knew very less off. And as much as she hated to admit it, she probably knew as much as Steve and Bucky did, and they were literal fossils.

The blonde was snapped out her thoughts by Isabelle's voice. "Don't look so downhearted."

Isabelle was grinning, but it wasn't a mocking one, more of a reassuring one and Yelena found herself smiling slightly back. "Look, you're gonna love these movies. They're so cool."

"I'll take your word then," Yelena stated, managing a faint grin as she watched Isabelle begin to inhale the food in the container.

Isabelle smiled at the look on the blonde's face, stopping herself from asking any questions, despite having a lot of them. Like why had Yelena never watched the Mission Impossible movies? They were one of the biggest action films on the planet, yet she seemed to have never heard of it.

And, Yelena kept glancing around in a subtle way, remaining slightly on edge as if someone was going to attack her any second. What had happened that made Yelena constantly paranoid of things around her?

Once the movie was finished after around two hours, Isabelle turned to Yelena with a grin. "So, what did you think?"

"It was great," Yelena hummed while Isabelle stood up with a stretch before walking towards the kitchen to dispose off the food containers.

"So, are you going to be leaving in the middle of the night again? Or are you going to hang around some more?" Isabelle asked as she discarded the empty containers while Yelena's smirk fell, a faint embarrassed blush appearing on her cheeks.

"I've actually got to go," Yelena said, glancing at her phone as she stood up while Isabelle nodded. "I guess I'll be expecting a text from you soon?"

Isabelle grinned, nodding. "Of course."