vi.

★彡[ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ ʀᴜɴɴᴇʀ ]彡★

The doorbell rung, and Isabelle pretty much sprinted to open it with a speed that rivalled Captain America himself. The dark-haired female grinned at Yelena who smiled at her, ushering the blonde in.

Isabelle closed the door. "It's been a while since you last came over."

"Mhm," Yelena hummed in response, taking her shoes off and placing it in a corner. "Just had lots of work. How have you been going?"

"Not bad. Had to go through more study notes, and work itself was kinda stressful," Isabelle replied, heading over towards the oven. "What about you?"

"Alright," Yelena nodded, hovering beside her in the kitchen. "What are you making?"

Isabelle grinned. "Lasagne."

"Haven't had that in a long time," Yelena stated with a thoughtful look on her face.

Isabelle raised an eyebrow at the blonde. "Really?"

"Mhm. Where I lived, it wasn't a common thing on the menu. The last time I remember having it was ..." Yelena cut herself off, recalling the last time she had it was when she was six.

Isabelle cast a glance at Yelena, noticing the conflicting expression plastered across her face. She decided to change the subject.

"You excited for the movie?" the dark-haired female asked, wearing mittens before placing the freshly-made lasagne on the kitchen counter.

Yelena hummed in response, leaning against the fridge as she watched Isabelle gather the popcorn before wandering over to the couch, placing the food and snacks on the coffee table, with the blonde following after her.

Isabelle turned the TV on while Yelena took a seat on the couch, the two soon settling in to watch the movie that began playing on the screen.

The dark-haired female slowly blinked her eyes open, narrowing them as the early morning sunlight assaulted them. Turning her head to the side, she found Yelena's leaning on her shoulder.

A soft smile appeared on Isabelle's face as she tried to skilfully manoeuvre her way off the couch without waking the blonde up. Yelena didn't look as cautious or troubled as she normally did, but instead at peace, and in the sunlight hues, her hair looked like it had been dipped in gold.

She looked even more beautiful in Isabelle's eyes. Tearing her gaze away from the blonde, she turned the TV off before beginning to quietly dispose off the rubbish and the plates off the coffee table.

Yelena shifted in the couch behind her, but thankfully didn't wake up. The blonde needed all the sleep she could get, Isabelle could see it on her tired face. After placing everything back in the kitchen, the dark-haired female headed towards the bathroom for a quick shower.

She returned to see that Yelena was still sound asleep on the couch. Smiling to herself, Isabelle began to make breakfast for the two. The smell of omelette soon filled the air, waking up the blonde, who sleepily made her way to the kitchen.

Isabelle grinned at Yelena, placing a plate of food in front of her. "Nice to see you awake, sleeping beauty."

Yelena blinked in response, nodding silently. The dark-haired female took a seat beside the blonde as the two dug into their breakfast, chatting away about the movie trilogy they had watched last night.

Yelena glanced at the clock for the time before standing up, making Isabelle's eyebrows furrow. "You're leaving already?"

"I wouldn't if I had the choice, but I've got to get back to work soon," the blonde explained, grabbing her jacket and her bag.

"I'll text you later," Isabelle nodded with a smile which Yelena found herself returning.

"I'll try my best to visit soon again," the blonde promised. "And thank you so much for the food. Next time, it's my turn though."

"Alright," Isabelle grinned, opening the door. "Hope you have fun at work."

"I definitely won't," Yelena retorted, stepping outside and bidding goodbye before disappearing from Isabelle's view.