The High Fives !!

Harsh was bored. It was a sunny day, and the weather was calling him out to play. But, his parents were out and he was supposed to look after his younger sister Prerna, who was just 9 and quite quirky to handle. He was always sad too. His parents were always fighting for rather. Still, he called out his best friends who lived near his house. They came right away. Mohit, Sakshi, Tia all were as bored as Harsh, staying indoors. Harsh said, "So, just like I told you on the phone. How do you like my idea? Can we do that?". "Do what?" came the reply from the forgetful Tia. She had obviously forgotten what Harsh had told them on phone. "Oh, Never mind. Let me repeat. As I said, I was reading the book the secret seven and I want to make a secret group of detectives like them too. Plus, we have nothing else to do." "Hmm, I agree," said Sakshi and Mohit, being twins they always spoke at the same time. Mohit suggested about making the small hollow near the lake as their secret shelter. It was a dark place, no one would think of searching the kids there. They all decided to take all their goodies, a small table, card-boards as chairs and take Prerna as well with them. They decided to go there at 5pm together.

On reaching the place, Harsh, being the leader, went first, as soon as he uncovered the hollow (whose opening as covered with a tin sheet.) he found a suitcase with a bag inside it. There was a foul smell all around the hollow, Sakshi said, completely horrified "Is that a dead body?!" 

 There was a foul smell all around the hollow, Sakshi said, completely horrified "Is that a dead body?!" 

Then, a woman in a black cloak appeared. They didn't look anywhere and plunged into the bush and ran away with the wind. But Harsh being the bravest one, stopped near a stone. "Who is she? Prerna, pass me the camera." Harsh said, and he clicked some few pictures. All of them took a rest at the park. Harsh popped up "The woman was wearing a black cloak with a small 'S' on it. I have seen it somewhere". "Me too" said the others. "Hey, isn't the one that your neighbor Mrs. Sharma wears?" Tia said seeing the picture in the camera. "Yes of course!" "That's what it is!" said Mohit. Right then, the clock struck 6 pm. They all went home as their parents would have been worried. Harsh went home and found his mom alone. Harsh asked where his father was, his mom replied sharply "Somewhere you won't like to go. "She was angry, and a little bit tensed, it seemed. Harsh glanced at the mom's table top. And there it laid, the unmistakable black cloak, being a silent witness of a probable crime. The poor boy was horrified and couldn't sleep that night. Neither did his father return that night.

The friends decided to meet again the next day. Harsh said  holding up the same black cloak of horror "So, I found this on my mom's desk." Everybody gasped. "So, should we call the police ?" "Yes, even if that mean arresting our mother", said Harsh. And so they silently called the cops, told them the location and went away home.

The same day, in the evening, there was a knock on the door. "It's the police !!"said Prerna, and yes she was not wrong.The police said,"Is this the house of Harsh Rajesh ? Aren't you the children who informed us about the mysterious bag near the lake ?" Harsh was frightened  and said "So, will you now arrest our mother ?" One of the policewoman said, "No, of course not, why should we ??" Everybody was puzzled. Then another policeman"In the bag, we found rotting drugs. You see, your parents, who are actually undercover agents, were supposed to track them, unfortunately your father was caught by those goons but your mother escaped. Thank God, we have also traced your father."    "Then what about the cloak? It wasn't ours" said Prerna. "That's true, I had borrowed it so that no one will recognize me.", said a familiar voice. It was their mother!! And their father was there too!! "I had seen you guys near the hollow when I went there the second time. But you ran away." Said their mother. "I am proud of you kids" their father added on .The kids was very happy. The next day they were rewarded by the Mayor of the city. They realized that it was their courage that made their parents proud that day. They high five-d themselves inwardly with this new discovered bravery.