3. 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫

Warning: Contains yandere content, may contain triggering topic, brief hinted Stockholm syndrome.

A gift is meant to be something special.

Wrapped in desired shade, a deep vermilion, appealing to the eyes, but, to the young girl, it evoked an image of her tormenter, similar red hairs, and wine eyes, cold and demanding. It wasn't until she realized her long silence did she begin to untangle one of many gifts she's been trusted with, focused on her short-lived ease, she dismisses the sudden presence of her loving captor. Softly feeling the crafted silver embedded with shiny stones, undoubtedly a pricy item intended for her acceptance and glee. "Do you like it..?" her heart leapt, looking up to see the young man, both briefly locked their gaze onto one another before she swiftly returns her eyes to the necklace. "It's... lovely," she replied.

Today it seemed much more difficult to smile, to reassure him that there is nothing implausible progressing in her mind, to let him know she is doing all that she can to earn his much-required credence. However, each day putting up a sensible act is getting harder, stressful, exhausting, she fears she might leave a door open that will ultimately lead to her demise. Her muscles tense up at the thought of her failure, she couldn't contain her anxiety.

"What's the matter?" that unexpected question send her heart into a frantic mess, tossing her wide gaze up, she almost plops her act, instead the need to weep in a desperate plead for her release clawed its way into her thoughts. Meekly staring at the red-haired man, words sealed in her lips, opening and closing like a fish. "Nothing at all, I'm feeling somewhat delirious..." She continues.

"I couldn't sleep well last night."

"Was there something bothering you?" He immediately asked, taking a seat before her, something she barely could handle, everything keeps boiling over, brimming to the very top. Could she be able to withstand her current predicament? It almost felt like she couldn't.

"Not exactly." She quickly responds, despite her thoughts being in a jumble.

"Did the maids fill your brain with mindless gossips?" He interrogates, and she hastily shakes her head, "no-no not at all, Adeline gave me something to calm me down. It helped." Although she held some sort of bitter resentment towards their ignorance, she couldn't just throw them to hungry crocodiles. Even if they deserved it.

"Then? What is making you unhappy?" He tries to pry more out of her, and she hadn't rehearsed anything, thought of anything except for her usual dose of reassurance. She couldn't let her plans turn to dust.

"I'm... Worried." She admits, albeit not entirely true. "We haven't gotten to know each other ever since you brought me here, and you speak of our marriage soon. I feel like I don't know enough of you." She spoke.

"You wish to know more about... Me?" He replied as if it was the most astonishing thing he had ever given attention to all day long. She nods.

'Well, to keep you busy.'

Even the strongest of preys have a weak spot, being the silent observer she's noticed many things, not to his knowledge, she doubts even he had the mind to catch sight of it. Perhaps, she had a chance.

"I don't think I know your full name." She answers. "Maybe we can start from there?"

"I shouldn't... Please forgive me, but not right now." He replied, already up on his feet and advancing towards her. She tenses up when his skin comes into contact with her shoulder, resisting the urge to shake off his hand.