5. 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭

Warning: May contain triggering content, stalking, yandere behaviour.

There she was.

A strange girl playfully dancing by herself in the middle of the snow, the trees dusted with snowflakes, and the chilly breeze roaming around her, she carried on precipitously, softly grinning to herself, her elegant steps on the flat ground hurled the pure white away, her body gently matched the theme of her imagination, visioning herself with the man of her dreams, gleefully smiling away despite her lonesome self, in her daze, she failed to take notice of two starry blue eyes watching her from a safe distance, standing before a canvas and a paintbrush in grasp, tacitly observing her features, he kept his mind on his subject of interest.

Every few days or so, he would see this young girl all by herself in dragonspine, the temperature of the place did not seem to bother her, at least she did not show it. Commoners usually avoided this location for two reasons, the freezing temperatures and the dark history buried under the snow. It was so unlikely to find anyone here, a normal sane person that is, why would she even want to come to this place? At first, he thought perhaps, she just liked the cold.

But she was trembling and frightened after the clutches on her delusion failed to supply her with more felicity. And now she was stumbling around to haste her way home, suddenly she doesn't seem lackadaisical.

She was interesting, to say the least, comparatively intriguing than the white sand and stillness of the quaint place. She gave him inspiration for his drawings, and he would like to give the painting to her but sadly there would be too much to explain and justify his actions, he could only just watch her, with curiosity, interest.

He was getting better at sketching her, his current one simply looked too beautiful to consider it unfinished, even though the muse behind it had vanished.

It's been a day and a half, it would seem like the girl had decided to not venture here into the snow for today. He wasn't disappointed, not exactly, but perhaps she had taken off to a different location, one he had not seen her go to before, her timings varied, most of the time it was around afternoon her figure could be found trekking about. He should just ask her outright, to become his model for the sake of painting portraits, but she looked far too comfortable and breathtaking when she remained clueless, besides he doubts that she would even be affluent after finding out someone had seen her in a silly state.

He should save her some trouble.

His canvas and other items in hold, he carried on in the snowy areas, following the faint footsteps, he assumed it was her, but he wasn't certain yet. On his way, he found some extra materials to create paint if he ever ran out of some, taking whatever he deemed necessary. Eventually, he discovered her location, smiling away by herself in an isolated cave, it was going to be challenging to find a suitable area to spy on her, silently circling over the area, he decides to take the risk and cease a safe distance away from her eyes.

She doesn't seem to notice him, yet. Preparing to settle and paint, he swiftly sets up his necessities, starting his sketch of the day. For a long while, she had not heeded his presence, so he eased and focused on completing his drawing, capturing that soft smile and the curves of her frame, that pretty gleam blue dress, she looked especially innocently pretty today, not like the bold red dress she had worn yesterday, it looked too strong on her meek self.

It wasn't until he neared towards finishing her portrait, he found himself locking eyes with hers, she appeared mortified, quickly breaking eye contact and running off, he wished he could have stopped her to confirm his non-illicit intention however, she had parted ways all too suddenly. He watched her disappear into the snow, leaving behind her traces.

The next day, at nightfall, while descending the snowy mountain after doing his research, he sees her right in front of him, scared and hurriedly trying to waddle. With terrified eyes, she glanced at him, inhaling rapid breaths, upon fully comprehending her situation, she flushed a rosy tint and was just about ready to dash, if it weren't for his interruption. "Please, take a deep breath." he found himself uttering those words before even thinking twice, he thought he should reassure her since she looked so pale in fear.

Wordlessly obeying his advice, she gazed away exhaling a tedious breath, looking up with wide eyes and a shaky frown like a smile, she pried his hand away, softly speaking, "Do- you come here often?" came a curious inquiry, the young man simply observed for a moment, muttering a response, "yes." He said, the timid girl quietly nodded, her gaze wandering off.

"What about you?" He asked, and the girl replied, "no? I come here occasionally."

"Do you dislike the cold?"

Nervously glancing over at him, she tried to word her answer carefully, "not really, I like to play with the snow, and I believe you've... Seen me once." She awkwardly replied, trying to shun her embarrassment with a smile.

"Oh yes, I have, I'm sorry I did not intend to make you uncomfortable, I paint a lot herein dragonspine, so I find something interesting to draw now and then." He said, keeping some of his enigmas private, he shouldn't let her know.

"Oh! You drew me?! I- I'm flattered, may I see it?" She blushed, hoping to urge him into showing her.

"Of course." Thankfully, he had a few copies with him, so he willingly obliged. "Here." Handing her one of his first paintings, he watched her gasp in surprise and survey his handiwork more closely, seeming content and in awe with it, maybe he should have taken the courage and asked her there and then to assist him with being his muse.

"You can have it, please." He offered, and she stared in incredulity, doubtful at his request. With furrowed eyebrows, she asked, "are you sure?" To which he eagerly shook his head, wordlessly prompting her to keep it.

"Thank you! It's so beautiful- how can I pay you back?" She smiled, holding the drawing close to her chest.

"Oh no! Free of cost, it's the least I can do for letting me paint you, please, do not worry." He mumbled, eyeing her blissful manifestation. She looked so happy.

He has a lot more paintings to give her.