𝟒

POTIONS WAS easily one of Kalynn's best subjects. She couldn't tell why, but the mixing of ingredients to make a new things was something Kalynn had a natural gift for.

She also found the company of Professor Slughorn quite nice. He was unbiased in the way he marked and graded work, you couldn't say the same about other teachers.

He had set some basic work, just to make a Pepperup Potion. The potion which was red in colour was taught in the Fourth Year, so Kalynn already knew how to make it.

The only difficulty was seating. Now most teachers would let people choose seating within their first through to fourth years, but fifth year onwards had to be a bit more strict.

Kalynn dreaded this part, even if she was easy to get along with. The fear of being paired up with someone horrible constantly loomed over her. The good thing was how the classes were Gryffindor and Hufflepuff mixed, this at least meant she would not have to worry about someone like Severus Snape being sat next to her.

"Seated on the table at the front left is Potter, Evans, Pettigrew and Mckinnon" Slughorn started, he was always rather fair with his seating arrangements, putting James Potter near the front was a good idea.

"Next we have Robinson, Ross, Black and Kelly"

Great. All of Kalynn's friends were together, apart from her. This was just going great.

And as he kept listing off people, more and more of Kalynn's peers were being put with their friends. She noticed Ajax giving her a sympathetic smile which she hesitantly smiled back at, it was just unfortunate she wasn't with a friend.

"Then finally we have Longbottom, Fortescue, Lupin and Withers" he finished, smiling at the only Hufflepuff in the group.

Ok, this could be worse. Alice Fortescue was a sweet girl who was head over heels for Frank Longbottom, likewise was he.

"I guess it's us two then" Remus leaned towards the girls ear and whispered as they got to the table, not wanting to be too loud as the classroom was rather quiet overall.

"I guess it is Lupin, to be honest I'm just glad I didn't have to be with the Slytherin's" Kalynn muttered as she looked over her ingredients and instructions, confident in what she was doing.

"Well, you're stuck with me now, and I personally think this year is going to be amazing" Remus was somehow feeling optimistic, he didn't know where it came from but it was very much fitting.

"BABY YOU can drive my car!"

Kalynn was alone in her dorm room, so this clearly called for a Beatles karaoke session. She didn't know why, but songs by The Beatles had been stuck in her head for over a day now.

It was slightly annoying to everyone around her, but to Kalynn it was pure heaven. It was a living reminder of home and the memories which were created there.

Using her hairbrush as a microphone, Kalynn felt truly like one of the characters from a muggle movie her mother had insisted on watching.

"Having fun?" Lalaine asked, laughing at the girl as she stood up on her bed to carry on her concert.

"I am indeed, I thought you were studying?" Kalynn asked as she jumped down from the bed, a light thud as her feet landed.

"Someone asked to speak to you, that Lily Evans girl? I don't know why, but she knew we were friends and asked if I could come get you" Lalaine was almost reading a script off of the top of her head, she clearly didn't know who she was talking about and was probably asked to do it by Madeleine,

"Oh, sure, where is she?" Kalynn walked next to Lalaine as they both headed out of the Hufflepuff common room.

"In the library, I'm going to meet Mads outside so I'll see you later?" the pair had to go their separate ways at this point, unless Kalynn wanted to go a painfully long way to the library.

"See you at dinner, I'll tell you what happened there?" Kalynn suggested, Lalaine agreeing before going her own direction.

lowkey loving this
see yall soon
:)