𝟖

"YOU SHOULD come to Hogsmeade with me and Lily, she's bringing Marlene with her and I know Ajax and Madeleine are going together so we totally should!" Kalynn sat up in her bed, Lalaine had been fretting about the Halloween Ball all of the last two days.

Luckily for the students they would have Friday off school to go down to Hogsmeade, just so any students who did need an outfit could go get one.

"I feel like I'm intruding though" Lalaine was always a person to care for what other people thought of her. She didn't like it about her but it always happened, feeling as if she was being intrusive was the absolute worst.

"Lily wouldn't care, trust me. Plus, Marlene is also coming so she wouldn't have a reason to be annoyed with you" Kalynn wasn't going to take no as an answer. She wanted Lalaine to be there, even if she didn't think she should have been there.

"You sure?" the corners of Lalaine's mouth turned upwards as Kalynn looked over excitedly, happy that her friend had changed her mind on it all.

"Of course Lainey, I'd love you to be with me" Kalynn was filled with excitement, this whole experience had become so much more perfect.

"Then I'll go, it'll be good. Well, I hope it will be, it sounds like it should" Lalaine could only smile, she loved how Kalynn could always sway her mind. It was like she just always knew the words to say to change somebodies mind, it was quite strange really.

 It was like she just always knew the words to say to change somebodies mind, it was quite strange really

HOGSMEADE WAS always the most whimsical looking place. You could never tell why, but the carriages pulled by no one reaching a village which was always bustling with an energy of joy and excitement definitely did contribute.

Lily Evans, Marlene Mckinnon, Lalaine Kelly and Kalynn Withers all sat in one of the previously mentioned carriages, they had woken up especially early so they could guarantee the ability to ride a carriage and look at all the available dresses before others.

"I want to go as a peacock" Marlene Mckinnon sat next to Kalynn Withers, and her statement prompted the Hufflepuff to look at her with confusion.

"Don't question me, they're elegant and I like them" Marlene looked at Kalynn as she just smiled and nodded. That was the best thing to do, not questioning Marlene's logic always made everyone skip a lecture which wouldn't have much direction to it.

"Actually thinking about it, I could just not wear a mask at all" Lalaine had fretted so incredibly much that she had given up completely on the whole ordeal. What was the point anyways? It was a stupid dance where you would only wear a grand dress for one night. When would you wear it after, there's no way you could.

"Cmon Laine, you have to!" Kalynn leaned over to grab her hand, not knowing why but that little gesture was just a sense of comfort. But in general, Kalynn was a comfort, she didn't need to do much more.

"But-" Lalaine started to speak, but Kalynn glanced at her in a way where you just knew she was going to be persistent.

It always worked. She would always shut up.

"Fine, I'll look. You said you weren't wearing a mask anyways!" Lalaine however, was still going to protest.

"Yeah, but I don't have a date. Like, a real date. I have Lily but we're going as friends so not much point" Kalynn didn't see herself going to a ball, even if childhood her would have been overly envious of these few moments.

"Fair enough, I'll look when we're there, but I make no promises, ok?" Lalaine gave up, just wanting to see her friend happy. Kalynn was making valid points, Marlene and Lily even agreed on that.

And with that, the four girls approached Hogsmeade, a feeling of anticipation within them.

sorry for the short update lmao
love you all so much!!!
- beano your beloved