CHAPTER 35

Gunshots echoed throughout the room. No one moved, no one dared to blink. Song Yun Hyeong fell backward and lay lifeless. Blood pooled behind the hole in his head. He died instantly.

I didn't turn to look at it, to find out. I know, and all this time, I kept my eyes straight on Yang Hyung Suk. Didn't take my eyes off him at all.

After shooting, he smiled and looked at me. "Treat your wound," he said briefly then he looked at the others and called for orders to clean his room before leaving, followed by Lee Seung Hyun, Yang Hong Seok, and Shin Sung Rok, who paused for a moment to stare at Song Yung Hyeong's body then looked at me coldly. Without saying anything, he followed them.

As soon as they came out, I stood up and looked at Song Yun Hyeong. He was young, 21 years old. Still inexperienced. I stared at his wide-open eyes with a cold stare for a while before leaving Yang Hyung Suk's office, allowing the rest of his men to carry Song Yung Hyeong's body.

I left the room with my open wound. Sigh... I have to take care of it again.

I don't know how long Yang Hyung Suk will be here. Only this time his whereabouts were known after that day.

-----------------------

JENNIE KIM POV

"Seulgi, are you okay?" I asked as soon as he entered the room. After Manoban escaped, Seulgi dropped us off at the office, and he went straight to Irene's to return her wallet. He said Irene needed it urgently. But I suspect Irene is worried about him because she knows Seulgi almost got shot when she called him while we were on our way return to the base.

I don't know the extent of their relationship, but it looks like they're getting closer, and I'm sure they'll be dating soon. Seulgi entered cheerfully. Not like someone who just almost got shot. Again.

"Of course, why not?" he answered. Chaeyoung and I just shook our heads.

"Yeah. Because..." I shook my head and smiled at him. I'm relieved that he's okay.

"Of course he's fine, Jen. He just met Irene," Chaeyoung teased Seulgi but looked back at her laptop screen.

"How is your relationship with her, Seul?" I asked as I leaned back in my chair.

"We're just friends-"

"Oh really?" I cut him off and smiled before continuing, "But she seemed worried when you told her you almost got shot and ask you to go see her immediately,"

"Well, Irene is a good person. Indeed we are quite close, but we are nothing but friends. She's a doctor, after all, and our first meeting was because I got shot. So it was normal that she would be worried. And I also have to meet her, remember? She left her wallet in my car," Seulgi replied with a blushed and shy face.