CHAPTER ONE

The Eagle is a mighty and brawny creature known by all for its potency and strength but beneath its series of high-pitched whistling and pipping notes lies whispers of vulnerability and the desire to cradle another soul in its warmth.

*********
*********

As her father's insistent knocks resonated around the room, Claribel awakened, sunshine pouring through the blinds,
disoriented, she fumbled for her alarm clock, its loud beeps joined the continuous beating.

Panic washed over her face as she realized she was late, her eyes widening as the commotion of the morning enveloped her.

"I'm awake, Dad. I will be ready soon,"

This was the third time she had been late for her job in the week.

For reasons unknown to her, she was getting nightmares every night since the week began, which led to her waking up late ;

She hated this and the fact that her boss did not buy her "nightmare excuse " as he would call it didn't make her life any tolerable. Her dad even suggested she quit working for a while because she seemed stressed out but she did not want to, she badly wanted to go to college and she knew her dad's efforts alone could not get her there.

Life had not always been this difficult, or so she could recall, her mom died when she was six due to a chronic illness that caused her dad to sell his properties. According to her dad, the doctor said it would be enough to cure her, but death, being as cunning as it is, stole her mom away from her.

Her dad had managed to save up money after working hard for many years to buy them a small house and a mechanical shop where he worked. It was enough to manage things at home and take her through her high school years but she knew it would never take her to college, HER DREAM COLLEGE.