CHAPTER TEN

Monday came in a blur,before Claribel could wake up Chloe was already seated on her bed gazing at her sternly. Claribel could hardly open her eyes, her lips leaking with saliva,her sight blurry and opaque.

" What are you doing here Chloe ?" she asked, her lips breaking out in a yawn.

" What am I doing here? why are you still in bed? " Chole answered in an agitating tone,dragging Claribel's blanket from her face when she tried hiding underneath it. With a worn-out expression, she continued.

" It is almost 7:30, we need to get there by 8, you know how ruthless Tokyo can get, we can not afford to be late on our first day. "

When Josh woke up, Tokyo was already in the kitchen making pancakes,he raised his eyes to check the clock in the living room,It was 30 minutes past 8, and Chloe and Claribel were late. Tokyo detested lateness,he had to get him out of the house else their first day would be full of scorns and rebuttals especially Claribel whom he had a great dislike for.

" That smells delicious Tokyo ."

Tokyo smirked slightly at the remark and returned to his serious face.

" Where are the people you employed, I thought they were supposed to be here at 8, how could they be late on the first day? " Tokyo asked his gaze stuck on the honey he drizzled on the pancakes.

"There was a slight miscommunication in the time, I mistakenly told them to come at 9 instead of 8, they will be here in no time, anyway I am hungry let's eat before it gets cold," Josh said as he took a plate of the pancakes and set it to the dining table.

Tokyo pondered on Josh's words,he knew their lies but decided not to ponder on with, it piqued his interest.

'Who were they? and why was he protecting them ?'

He took a jar of the milk with two glasses for himself and Josh who was already feasting on the pancakes.

15 minutes later,the bell rang, Josh got up to check but Tokyo stopped him and made his way to the door. He opened it and saw a sweaty Claribel and Chloe at the door.

" What are you two doing here ? " he asked.

Just then Josh appeared behind Tokyo and spoke in a cheeky tone. " These are our housekeepers,ladies please enter, there is a lot you have to do ."

He ushered them into the dining hall and Tokyo watched,his eyebrows furrowed in fury.

He walked to the dining hall where Josh was giving them instructions on what to do, starting from clearing the table, He cast a single glance at Claribel and beckoned Josh to follow him upstairs to his room.

When they got there, he closed his door, his face full of disgust as he watched his assistant sit on his bed with a nonchalant expression.

" Why them ?"

" What do you mean by why them Tokyo, you never gave me a list of who I should or should not employ, you only told me to employ two housekeepers and I did exactly that," Josh said,his tone was respectful but with a hint of sarcasm.

" Give them a week's salary and fire them,I will get housekeepers myself. " Tokyo said in an assertive tone.

Josh got up, "Why are you doing this ?, What do you have against them? "

" Just because we are friends does not give you the right to question my orders, I am your boss do as I say. Make sure they leave as soon as possible ."

Josh walked out and slammed the door in annoyance, he went downstairs and broke the news to Chloe and Claribel who were already making preparations for lunch.