CHAPTER SIX

Claribel went inside with Tokyo, wondering what he and his undying ego had to say. She would have refused to go in, with him but she did not want her dad to be suspicious of anything.

" Be swift with your speech, I would like to go home as quickly as possible," said Claribel solemnly.

" When I first heard you speak, I thought your accent was an imitation ." he paused, "I guess it is real ."

"Congratulations on your discovery, now what do you want to say I do not have all day ."

He came closer, lifted her chin and stared at her autumn leaf eyes. He had seen many shades of brown but her eyes were peculiar, even in the darkness of the room, they shone. In that moment they were both lost in each other's eyes, what was this feeling? Claribel asked herself, a part of her wanted to take his hand off her face but a part of her was paralyzed, paralyzed by his touch.

" Ahem "

A voice came from behind them, It was Josh's. " Sorry to interrupt you guys but your dad is waiting for you," he said playfully, his eyes looking at Toyo and Claribel in split turns.

******
******

" The gentleman who saved you, Tok...Toko "

" Tokyo," said Claribel, since she came back home, her dad had been pestering her with questions about Tokyo, how he saved her, what happened that night and how she knew him.

" How exactly did he save you ?" questioned her dad.

" Dad, my head still hurts, I will answer all your questions in the evening, when I am fully rested.

She was not in the mood for her father's questions.

If only Chloe was here, she would find a way to answer all her dad's questions, she thought but Chloe left right after they had lunch, her dad had prepared chicken Milanese with spaghetti for them . " you have been through a lot so I am going to make your favourite food for you ."

her dad had said, with a little help from Chloe and the internet he made one of the best pasta she had ever tasted. They sat in the living room watching one of Claribel's favourite scenes when he started with his questions.

Holding her head to mimic a headache, she hugged her dad and went to her bedroom, she tried to get some sleep she did but as she lay, she could only think of him, Tokyo, why did he stare into her eyes like a lovesick puppy, what had he wanted to say before Josh interrupted them.

Tokyo on the other hand was being yelled at by his dad on the phone for failing to get Mr . Biron and his colleagues to sign his business deal.

He had done whatever he could to get them to sign the business deal, he even planned Josh's fake birthday party to get them to come since there was word that he liked parties.

" Tokyo, you know I have eyes and ears everywhere, I was told that you got distracted because you were busy playing hero for some girl ."

Mr. Rules rebuked.

" Sir, she was about to get raped, she was also a guest at the party which is why I had to save her, she is one of Josh's friends, I do not even know her. "

He lied.

Mr; Rules had instructed Tokyo since he was a kid to call him sir instead of dad, he started to work for his dad right after his degree in civil engineering, It was his dream to become an engineer since he was little but his dad made him work only for him. He had several businesses, pharmacies, schools, hotels, restaurants, gas stations and several other businesses Tokyo knew nothing of but whenever he had to build a company or a factory, Tokyo would engineer it and when he wanted his work partners to sign business deals, he would send him.

Tokyo had no life of his own, his sole duty was to please his dad.

" Do not forget what I always tell you, do not commit to any girl, you are just 26, If you get with any girl it should be for pleasure not for love, It should be just for a night or two but nothing more ." Mr . Rules retorted.

" I will never forget sir and I will get Mr . Biron to sign the deal as soon as possible. "

he responded rather meekly.

His dad always reminded him not to take any girl seriously but for some reason unknown to him, when he heard it today it stung his heart.