CHAPTER TWO

After her shift, she took a long lonely walk back home, the sun scorched like it was on a mission to peel off her skin with its intensity. She would take a cab on any normal day but she wanted to clear her mind so she decided to walk.

Her mind wandered to the nightmares she had been having, they were messages from her mom which felt like a cry for help, her mom had died a long time ago why was she getting dreams of her?

Just as she was making a turn to the narrow path that led to her house, she caught a glimpse of an old woman who was struggling to carry her luggage and she seemed to be heading towards the bus station, she hurriedly trotted off to help her.

" Good afternoon, please can I help with your luggage ?'

" Of course, sweetie ." the woman replied.

She took the luggage and turned to the woman whose eyes scanned her from head to toe,

Perhaps she is just glad that I helped her out

she thought to herself and took a few steps forward, as she was about to take another step she flinched as the woman spoke again.

"You look just like Clarisse ."

"Clarisse", her body shook in fright and shock, that was her mother's name.

" Your hair, skin tone, eyes, such a striking resemblance ."

" You know my mother? "

The 80-something-year-old lady took something from her pocket, which was covered with a big brown paper

"Yes dear, take this It help you know more about your mother. "

She handed it over to Claribel, who was still processing everything, with her hands sweating and shaking, she opened the brown paper and saw the most beautiful ruby necklace. She gasped audibly as she admired the shiny art in her hand.

" I can not take this, It looks too expensive ."

She turned around to return the necklace but the lady was gone to her dismay.

"What had just happened ?"

She opened the luggage and what she saw made her tremble even more, a handwritten letter that said

"the More you look, the lESS you see ."

She turned the paper and saw another note written, "you Are GEtting There."

Beads of sweat started forming on her face, and her phone's ringtone yanked her back to reality.

" Hello Dad, what's up? "

She knew she had to keep her cool else her father would notice something had happened

" Mr Cornhill has told me he has given you a break, are you home yet ?"

That is when it struck her, she had been standing at the same spot for over thirty minutes.

" Clari, are you there, hello. "

" ye ...yess Dad, I'm almost home, don't worry about me ."

" Alright, I'll get you some French fries and chicken nuggets on my way back, so you won't have to worry about cooking, just take some rest ."

" Okay Dad, love you ."

********************

Tokyo gazed at the perfectly made heart on his oat milk latte. He was running out of patience," what was taking him so long ?" he asked himself.

Just then a petite-looking brunette girl sat at his table.

She meticulously took his arm in hers, Tokyo looked at her and smiled.

He took his cup of coffee and intentionally spilt it on her turquoise-coloured dress.

" Oh, I know you did not mean it handsome, I am going to clean up ."

This was not the first time a random woman came up to him to flirt, they always did that.

He stood up and exited the cafe, he got a phone call just as he sparked the engine of his Mercedes Benz, It was his assistant, the reason why he waited at the cafe.

" Give me one good reason why I should not fire you ."

" The bad news is I am stuck in traffic, I am sorry for the delay, please do not kill me ."

" What is the good news? " he asked impatiently.

" Are you going to talk or should I end the call along with our contract ."

" I am pretty sure that with what I am about to tell you, you will even extend it ."

Tokyo let out a sigh in frustration.

" I have found the solution to our problem, the only obstacle is that it is in Nashville ." Josh (his assistant replied ).

" Book the tickets right away, I'll meet you at the airport ."