chapter 6-dad in critical condition

Hamida pov-i knocked at the door severally but no response dailed my mum's line but it was it going through what could be the reason my mum's isn't picking her calls a lot of things went through my head for while,I slammed on the floor and wept profusely the rate of my heart beat increased.l lied helplessly on the floor few minutes later I heard a sharp sound from the door I stood up from the floor,it was my mum she was lamenting and shedding tears,she went inside the house took the key on the shelf to open the door.
" Mum what is the matter why are you crying?she was stammering she couldn't let out her words.
Hamida the doctor said your dad is in critical condition and also we haven't paid money for the surgical procedure.i don't know where I will get that huge amount of money from she said.
I told her that jalal gave me two hundred thousand naira for my school fees.so we can pay two hundred thousand naira for dad's surgical procedure.
What about your school fees you are resuming in two weeks time my mum said.mum!!dad's health is important than my school fees,I can paid that anytime.
It late now, go to bed we have to go to the hospital very early tomorrow my mom said.
Ohk mum I will do so.
" I dashed into my room laid my bed,I sat on the chair close to bed tears began to roll down my cheeks,I was confused at this moment.,I had no one to call even aunty rahama's husband lost his job few weeks ago, should I ask jalal if he could lend me some money? Or even abdulrazak? I will call jalal tomorrow morning I said. this had me deep in thought throughout the night,I stood up from my chair and headed to the bathroom,took my kettle and performed ablution I made lot of dua and supplication.
"It was 4:30am already I heard the call to prayer,I eventually find out that I slept off on my prayer mat.oh my God it time for fajr prayer.i prayed my fajr prayer and went to greet my mum.
" Mummy good morning
Morning Hamida how was your night?
It was good hamida.my mum was also lying flat on her prayer mat. It was obvious that my mum did not sleep all through the night.
I asked her why she was lying flat on her prayer mat.
She told me she was Just tired.
I went to the kitchen and made pancake and black tea for I and my mum.
"I served my mum and we ate together,be quick Hamida we need to go and see ur dad today she said.
I was done with my breakfast then I freshen up and  wore a long blue jalabia and a pink veil.i heard my name from a far distance Hamida aren't you ready let get going.
I am mum,we went to the garage near our street and boarded a car to the hospital.
I took my phone from my handbag and called jalal,he didn't pick up maybe he is till asleep i said to myself.

" We arrived the hospital at exactly 8:00am, immediately we both when to see the doctor.
Good morning doctor my mum said.morning madam,your husband is in critical condition you have to bring the money before we can start the surgical procedure.
But doctor we have the sum of two hundred thousand naira here will you able start,we will bring the remaining money  when he is fine.my mom said.
Madam this is a hospital such things don't happen here you have to bring the complete money  first.
Doctor please,I pleaded with the doctor with heavy tears in my eyes but he still disagreed,my mum started sobbing., where will I get this huge amount of money from she shouted in a carvenous voice.
Calm down madam All will be fine the doctor said.my mum didn't even hear the doctor, she was absent minded.how will that be possible doctor? I angrly said. My dad is in critical condition and you want us leave here!!!!.
Calm down he will be fine with God all things are possible.
Can we see my dad now I asked rudely,no you can't see him he is in the  intesive care unit (ICU),I bursted into tears when I heard this,my mum was flabbergasted this made her dumbstruck for a moment.
We later left the hospital feeling sad.

Hey readers which is your best chapter so far?🤗♥️