chapter four: james potter fan-club

CHAPTER FOUR: JAMES POTTER FAN-CLUB

CHAPTER FOUR:
JAMES POTTER FAN-CLUB

SOME PEOPLE MADE MISTAKES. Mira wasn't blind enough to notice the blatant evil and childish mistakes, nor did she turn a blind eye to the good others put into the world. Everyone made their own decisions. There was definite good in everyone, although she supposed there was enough bad, too.

The funny thing about the world, it's colorful hues tend to fade as we age into adulthood. Within childhood, a smog of innocence and childlike wonder helplessly fills our heads, some the color of a rainbow. It's beautiful, yes; however, the idea is exactly what it seems—an idea.

In the real world, there isn't only black and white. The world is a rambunctious mixture of toned grays on a particularly cloudy day, a smudge of dirt on the pristine outlook of the world.

It wasn't all rainbow, either. Mira knew this. She wasn't daft, not being ranked fourth in class. She would be foolish to imagine no person had a parcel of evil in them. Although, Mira would disagree on some levels; she would protest that Severus Snape would be the only boy in the world who truly had cruel intentions.

Maybe she was biased as a Potter, sure. Lily suggested James' belief poisoned Mira at the age of eleven, the moment the Potter twins boarded the Hogwarts Express and met Snape for the first time. Though, James was never the reason she hated Snape. Since that fateful September day, she has harvested a hatred unlike any kind before. And let it be known Mira Potter wasn't the type to outwardly hate others.

Mira never hated Snape for some pretentious reason, either. Severus Snape claimed to be a victim of James Potter's cruelty; he was just a boy.

Sure, that was Snape's side of the story. Mira begged to differ. She believed Snape's crimes were worse than her brothers. Maybe it was the gleam in his beady eyes that radiated superiority. The way he carried himself like he held the weight of the world on his shoulders. Whatever it was, Mira loathed it entirely.

Mira remembered the day on the train like it was yesterday.

James had animatedly spoken with a boy sitting across from him; Sirius Black, a boy with sharp eyes and hair the color of ink, meanwhile Mira picked at her nails.

Lily fled to their carriage, tears in her eyes. Mira remembered Lily's clouded green eyes, how she'd resembled a wounded puppy. As any empathetic eleven-year-old would, Mira offered her a seat, forcing James to sit next to the boy he claimed was his "newest best mate" even if they met the prior hour.

Half an hour passed by, and the redhead introduced herself as Lily Evans, a Muggleborn witch who'd just spoken with her wicked sister, Petunia. The two spoke ill of their respective older siblings, Hogwarts, and the houses they'd wanted to be in. At some point, James and Sirius joined, as well, Sirius remarking how his entire family were Slytherins, and how he desired to go against the grain and join Gryffindor.