Chapter Thirty-Seven: Lady's First Christmas [Pt-3]

Previously...

"AHA!" A voice called out, interrupting Lady and stopping her from saying the three words she had been aching to say. "There's the blue puffball! And look who he's brought!"

Thomas and Lady both froze in fear, the two of them instantly recognising the voice, even though they had not heard it for years. They thought they would never hear it again. Lady was in shock once she heard that very voice, the very same voice that caused her crash many years ago. They were now horrified to have heard it, and the fear rose up inside them they heard the sound of a diesel engine now rolling along the line that Percy had been on. As the sound grew louder, Thomas shut his eyes, not daring to look at the engine, who was just slowing to a stop right next to him.

Hearing Lady scream in terror when she saw the engine, Thomas quickly opened his eyes. He let out a horrified gasp. Parked up on the line at Thomas' right, shooting a wicked grin at the two steam engines, was none other than Diesel 10, his claw up and ready to attack.

~*~*~

"Diesel 10!" Lady screamed out in fear, her eyes wide in terror as she looked at the diesel who had tried to destroy her all those years ago.

"That's right." The evil diesel sneered evilly. "You thought you'd seen the last of me, didn't you. Well, you were wrong. I'm now back, and you won't get rid of me! Nothing will!"

Thomas, trying hard not to show his fear, now shot a glare towards Diesel 10. "And what are you doing back, Diesel 10?" He demanded

"Ah, the little blue puffball who foiled my plans and made me fall off a bridge into a garage barge!" Diesel 10 bared his teeth at Thomas, growling angrily. He snapped his claw menacingly at him. "I've come back to do what I was meant to do! I'm gonna destroy that magic engine and finish off you, once and for all!"

Diesel 10 now swung Pinchy around to his left and tried to grab Lady, but he missed, for she now had started to puff away in fright as fast as she could. Furiously, he started to race after her, certain he was going to finally catch and destroy her.

"Lady!" Thomas cried as he watched them disappear around the bends in the tracks. Frowning in determination, he let off a sharp whistle before starting to puff out of the station, picking up speed as he raced along the tracks.

'I gotta stop Diesel 10. The fate of Lady and all of the steam engines on Sodor depends on me.' Thomas thought. 'I will not let him destroy all my friends and the engine I love. I've managed to stop that stupid diesel, once, so I can easily stop him again.'

As soon as Thomas rounded the bend, Percy puffed into the station. He let out a horrified gasp when he saw Thomas and Lady were not there. From the siding he had parked in when he had left the two, he had heard Lady scream, which told him that something was wrong. Seeing that they were nowhere in sight made him start to panic. Percy started to puff out of the station in the direction Thomas, Lady and Diesel 10 had gone. He was unaware that his friends were being chased by their old enemy, but he knew that something was wrong.

'If Thomas and Lady are in trouble, then I've gotta help them, and I will not let anything stop me.' Percy thought to himself as he raced down the tracks.

~*~*~

Further up the line, Diesel 10 had lost sight of Lady, but he was refusing to give up the chase. He soon came to a set of points, which switched him from the line on the right to the middle tracks. Diesel 10 had no idea that Thomas was now charging up right behind him, trying to stop him. His mind was focused on catching Lady and doing what he had wanted to do since he had first seen her: destroying her.