Chapter Fifty-Six: Hayden

(A/N: the idea for this chapter came from Hnorris16 )

After the arrest and defeat of the D.G.S.S.E, life now seemed to calm down across Sodor, the Josephine Railway, and the rest of British Railways. Many could all breathe in relief and relax in knowing that the so-called 'Red Blanket of the Modernisation Plan' was no more. The news about this had spread across the U.K. and further onward, and it was definitely painting the whole of British Railways in a bad way with all the news of the incident on every front page of newspapers.

Eventually, the Railway Inspectors Unit, British Police, even Scotland Yard and MI5, they all discovered the dealings with Dr. Beeching and other officials within British Railways with Roderick and Fowler, and this was more than enough to warrant searches of the offices of British Railways and much more to know all they can regarding the D.G.S.S.E and it's exploits. The fallout for B.R and its public relations was not good, many people calling out to change the company's rules and policies. There hasn't been any comment or so from those in charge, but it's becoming clear that things won't be the same after this whole incident with the D.G.S.S.E.

~*~*~

Down at Barrow-in-Furness, Hayden the Silver King Class Locomotive is sitting at a siding with a goods train being shunted up behind him

Down at Barrow-in-Furness, Hayden the Silver King Class Locomotive is sitting at a siding with a goods train being shunted up behind him. He smiled softly to himself as he got to get himself ready to depart and go to Sodor. He had been asked by the foreman to take the train since Henry had gone to the Steamworks to check on his valve gear since he complained about something feeling loose.

Hayden likes spending time with his Friends, the Heavy Goods work; Local Passenger Trains; even the occasional Shunting. He doesn't like being bullied or called disgusting names because he's different, but likes spending time with his girlfriend, Caitlin. Hayden dislikes being bullied; rude engines; VERY loud noises; people or engines insulting Caitlin, or him being falsely accused of doing something he never did. Despite being a Mixed-Traffic Engine, Hayden prefers Heavy Goods or Local Passenger Trains, but doesn't complain unless he's completely exhausted or in pain. He always tries to help young engines and tank engines, whether helping them with Heavy loads, or standing up for them against bullies.

After Hayden has collected his goods, the guard blew his whistle from the brakevan, waving his green flag. Hayden blew his whistle, departing the yards for Sodor, the Silver King Class Locomotive leaving in a cloud of steam. He got into a good pace as he chuffs along, Hayden enjoying the peace and serenity around him. Even the trucks were behaving themselves and did not dare to try and get on Hayden's bad side. He could see some engines passing by and he whistles back to them as they whistle to him. Hayden took the time and he crossed the Vicarstown Bridge, going to the big station on the East of Sodor. He noticed both Pip and Emma racing by on their express track, as well as seeing Bear on the opposite line.

"It's nice to be on Sodor rails again." Hayden smiled to himself as he made his way along.

After arriving in Vicarstown, Hayden dropped off the train so it can be sorted out for others to take, and he begins to make his way light-engine down the mainline. He noticed Murdoch and Peter passing by with heavy goods train, all the while with the sun shining. But as he goes along and soon reaches Crovan's Gate, he can hear an argument happening, so Hayden slowed down to overhear. He also could overhear Duncan, Freddie, Rheneas, Rusty, Peter Sam and Sir Handel's voices, but the next voice that spoke got Hayden's attention.