Chapter Forty: York & Evening Star

With Braedey, Diana, Kieron, and Jane gone over on Sodor, Ken, Max, Austin, Liliana, Belle, Charlotte, Anna and Jonson had to pick up the pace and take care of the trains on the Josephine Railway. Fortunately, they had some extra help from Shadow and Madeline, the LNER V4 and V6 both handling heavy goods and the fast passenger trains, even Ryan the 'Hinderton Hall' engine had been called in from the Didcot Railway Centre to assist.

Luckily, the nine of them have been able to handle the workload and the passengers while the other four were away on Sodor. They were able to juggle about all of the goods and passenger services, though it was a bit of a task for them. They don't mind the extra workload, though they all waited patiently for when Braedey, Diana, Kieron, and Jane come home.

~*~*~

One calm Tuesday morning, as the sun was starting to rise, Ryan had been getting himself steamed up and prepped for a train from Marion to Barrow-in-Furness and onward to York

One calm Tuesday morning, as the sun was starting to rise, Ryan had been getting himself steamed up and prepped for a train from Marion to Barrow-in-Furness and onward to York. It was a surprise for Ryan to be given such a long journey to take, especially since it was a distance from the West to the Northeast of the U.K., a distance he's not covered before.

Ryan looked to his crew, while being oiled and checked over for the journey ahead. "So, you got any clues as to why Mr. Franklin has us take a train to York? Seems like a long way just for one train." He noted to his driver.

"It seems like so, old boy." Ryan's driver gently patted the GWR 4900's buffer. "Still, I'm sure that Mr. Franklin will have something planned."

"Hope so, or else I'm gonna wreck my valve gear in the process just getting there." Ryan mumbled to himself.

Just then, a familiar whistle echoed out in the distance, now getting their attention. They could see a plume of smoke by the trees in the distance, and the approach of a steam engine could be heard coming in fast. As they look on, they could see a familiar red shape now coming in fast. Ryan knew who's that engine.

"That's Braedey!" Ryan called out happily with a smile.

And he was right. Braedey the crimson locomotive appeared around a bend with an express coupled up behind him, and he soon came to a gentle stop nearby the sheds and the station Marion.