NYC, 6

Remus watched Regulus down a double Bacardi and cran before he was ready to explain why he barged in the bar just to drag Remus away from his table with Sirius. Remus was watching Regulus contemplate and stealing glances at the clock and Sirius and trying to find a good time to pull Regulus back to the table and tell him he was going to sleep with his brother.

Maybe Remus needed a drink too.

"I've been sleeping with James?"

Okay, Remus really needed a drink; he ordered himself the same as Reg and took his first sip as Regulus continued.

"For weeks, actually. Remember that Grindr date I went on like 5 weeks ago? Yeah we've been having so much sex since then."

"Oh my god," Remus stared at him, "Sirius' best friend? What about all those guys you went home with from shows?"

Regulus huffed a laugh, "come on, Rem. I know we've been trying to hide it, but have you really not noticed that every night I head out early, so does James? I haven't slept with anyone since him since we met."

"You like him," a cheesy grin eclipsed Remus' face.

"Not right now. Fuck, do not ever sleep with your brother's best friend. Not that Sirius would with you, but shit it ruins every fucking thing. Now I have to keep seeing James and Sirius can never know that it happened..."

Remus didn't have anything to say so he stared blankly at Regulus and swirled his straw around his plastic cup. "Why wouldn't Sirius ever sleep with me?"

"You're not his type," Regulus huffed.

"What's his type?"

Regulus surveyed him, "promise you won't let it hurt your feelings?"

Remus hesitated before nodding.

"He likes guys who are outgoing, bold, fun, you know?"

"Connor didn't seem like that." Remus was defensive now.

"Nah, Sirius just wanted a good fuck. And have you seen Connor since?"

Remus hadn't.

"Exactly, see. Don't take it personally, and it's not like you want him to want you anyways so just let it go." Regulus ordered a water and then marched back over to where Sirius was.

Apparently Regulus was feeling really hurt by James because he was being an absolute asshole. Remus followed him back to the table and shook his head at Sirius; the conversation they wanted to have was certainly not happening tonight. He noticed Sirius scoff in his direction when Regulus wasn't looking, but other than that, Sirius was ignoring him. An anxiety that Remus hadn't felt in weeks was creeping back in and making his chest feel heavy.

Not to long after, Sirius excused himself from the table and made his way to start the sound check- James still wasn't there, and Peter was nervously pacing the stage.

When the sound check was finished, Remus snuck away from Regulus' sulking. When he made it to the back room, he asked Mark to go get him a drink, James and Peter were outside, and that left him alone with Sirius, who was less than pleased.

"What?" Sirius took a step towards the backdoor as he dug his pack of cigarettes out of his jacket pocket.

Remus balked, "hello to you too."

Sirius laughed without humor.

"Sirius, what is going on?"

"One conversation with Reg and you decide it's not worth it. Shit, Remus I thought we had a good day."