Mental Breakdown

-SCARLETT'S POV-

I hung up the phone, letting it fall to the hood of my car and drawing myself in closer. I laid my head down on my knees where my phone had previously rested, feeling tears well up in my eyes. I knew Tom was right, and I just needed to suck it up and let Jensen get to know me better as a friend. The only thing was, my crush on Dean had developed into a crush on the actual guy and now I wasn't sure if I could accept being just friends.

As I sat there on my car, my shoulders shaking as I sobbed into my knees, a presence suddenly invaded my peripheral and a strong hand began rubbing gently up and down my spine.

"Rough week?"

I tilted my head so my cheek was resting against my knees so I could look into the concerned face of my on-screen love interest. Jensen continued to rub my back quietly, not pushing for an immediate response. Burying my face back in my knees, I mentally debated what to say to him about the state he had found me in. There was no way in hell I was going to tell him the truth, but I also couldn't come up with a believable enough lie off the top of my head without sounding like a complete idiot.

"Something like that," I finally settled on.

"You want to talk about it?"

I rocked my forehead back and forth against my knees, not trusting myself to say anything else to him.

"It's stupid," I muttered.

"Now, that can't be true," Jensen replied.

"It is, though," I insisted.

I felt Jensen's hand pause on my back, but when he didn't say anything I finally raised my head to look back at him.

"It's your first week after not working on anything in nearly a year. It's okay to admit that you're a little overwhelmed by it all."

"How do you know this is just me being overwhelmed about filming?" I challenged him.

"Maybe it's more, but the sentiment still stands."

He had a point, as much as I hated to admit it. My mental breakdown might not have been one hundred percent because I was working on a show again, but it certainly factored in. My other issue was just the cherry on top that sent me over the edge.

"Come on. Let's get out of here," Jensen said after a moment, sliding off of the hood and holding out a hand to me.

"What? You actually expect me to go with you?"

"No, but the others will be coming out soon and I doubt you want anyone else to witness this."

Again, he had a point and so reluctantly, I took his hand and allowed him to pull me off the car hood.

"Then again, if you wanted to grab a drink with me right now, I wouldn't be entirely opposed," he continued.

I paused, briefly debating the pros and cons of accepting the offer. On the one hand, if I went out with Jensen, I would be opening the door to allow a friendship to foster like Tom wanted me to do. But on the other hand, it would be better for the image I'd created for myself to turn him down. There was also a part of me that was a constant reminder that his latest long term relationship ended in divorce with a kid in the middle. That didn't exactly bode well for me in terms of a relationship with the guy.

"You know, I would, but my car-"

"Your car will be fine. Come get a drink with me. You look like you could use it."

Swallowing down any more excuses I could come up with, I reluctantly made my way across the lot to where Jensen's red SUV was parked. Everything in me wanted to protest as I climbed into the passenger seat and buckled myself in, but as we pulled out, I focused on anything else besides the fact I was going drinking with Jensen Ackles.

"Relax, would you? It's not like I'm kidnapping you," he joked.

"Might as well be," I mumbled, refusing to look at him.

"Hey, you're the one who climbed in the car voluntarily."

I didn't respond as we pulled up outside of a bar. Jensen shut off the engine and unbuckled, looking over at me.

"Shall we?"

Rolling my eyes, I unbuckled my seat belt and climbed out of the car. I could see Jensen laughing to himself as he got out and led the way to the door, holding it open for me with a smirk.

"This your attempt at being a gentleman, Douchebag?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah, just get inside, alright?"

I entered the bar, getting hit by a burst of cool air as I did so. It was a cozy place, with just a few patrons scattered throughout.

"It's not much, but it's my favorite place for drinks whenever I'm in Vancouver," Jensen said from his place at my shoulder.

"Cozy," I muttered, making my way toward the bar.
"I'll take a Manhattan."

The bar fly nodded, looking to Jensen for his order.

"I'll have the same," he said.

Another nod as he began pulling out the items necessary to mix our drinks.

"I feel like we should be celebrating," the man beside me broke the silence between us.

"Why?"

"You just finished your first full week on set. Quite the accomplishment if you ask me," Jensen smirked.

"Yeah, well, considering you witnessed me having a mental break down before coming here, I'm pretty sure celebrating isn't really on the table."

"I mean, they could still be celebratory drinks in addition to helping you forget whatever has you in a bad mood."

"No," I said plainly, lifting my drink to my lips.

"No?" Jensen chuckled.

"No," I repeated.

"Okie dokie."

I took a long sip from my cup to stop myself from voicing the Dean quote that had immediately popped into my head. From Jensen's expression as he raised his own drink to his lips, he knew exactly what I was thinking at that moment.