Finally Together

-JENSEN'S POV-

Sleepy Scarlett was very similar to Drunk Scarlett. I wasn't sure she quite knew what she was saying as she complained about having to head back to the hotel. As soon as we were sitting in the car, she laid down in my lap with a yawn. I automatically started carding my fingers through her hair, and she didn't appear to have any objections while I talked quietly to Cliff. Right when I thought she had fallen asleep, I heard her mumbled words:

"I think I love you, Jensen Ackles."

I froze up, my hand stalling in her hair briefly before resuming their motion. I waited with baited breath until her breathing had evened out a bit more before whispering a declaration of my own.

"I love you too, Scarlett Pearce."

When we got back to the hotel, Cliff opened my door for me, and I scooped the sleeping woman in my arms to carry inside. My jacket I had found in the car was still draped around her shoulders and she snuggled closer to my body as Cliff and I entered the hotel lobby. He aided me by pressing buttons and opening doors all the way up to her room. When we got there, he knocked, waiting for Kim to open the door.

"Hey," I whispered.

Her eyes widened and she quickly stepped aside to allow me to carry Scarlett over to her bed.

"What did you do? Tranquilize her?"

"We went on a date," I replied quietly.

"About fucking time," she whispered, grinning.

"Yeah, we can talk all about it tomorrow. Night, Kim."

"Good night, Jensen."

I left after pressing a kiss to Scarlett's forehead, dismissing Cliff once we got to my room.

***

"So, how was last night?"

"Really good, man. We went on a walk after dinner and then she fell asleep in my lap in the car. I had to carry her up to her room."

"So does this mean you guys are finally together?" Jared asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I think so," I smiled.

We had a little bit of down time before our photo ops, and Jared was eager to know how the date went. I knew I'd be telling the story again later when Misha asked, but I didn't mind. I could scream it from the rooftops for all I cared. Scarlett and I had finally admitted everything to each other last night, we'd kissed for the second time, and she told me she loved me. Granted, that last part was when she was mostly asleep, but it had happened.

"Halle-fucking-lujah," Jared grinned. "It's about damn time, man."

I couldn't stop grinning the entire time we did photo ops. Every time I thought about last night, I got butterflies in my stomach and my heart flipped in my chest. I was anxious to see her again so I could give her another kiss. When the ops finally ended, I hurried off before Jared could say anything else to me. I was determined to find Scarlett since I hadn't seen her since taking her to her room. I finally found her with Tom and Misha in the Green Room.

"You realize you're not supposed to be back here, right?" I addressed Tom as I walked up.

"Yeah, well, I've got connections," Tom smiled at me.

"Hey, Douchebag," Scarlett greeted me.

"Lightweight," I smiled down at her.

"Don't mind us, go on," Tom teased.

Scarlett's cheeks flushed red as Tom pushed her out of her seat toward me. She stumbled slightly and I latched onto her automatically, my hands coming to rest on her elbows while hers latched onto my forearms.

"Hi," she repeated, a small smile tugging at her lips.

Instead of answering, I leaned down, capturing her mouth with my own briefly before pulling back.

"Hi."

"Wait, what?!" a voice yelled from behind us.

Scarlett and I looked over to see Rich, Rob, Kim, and Jared standing there. Jared and Kim had identical smiles on their faces and Rich and Rob both looked dumbfounded as they stared at us.

"When the hell did this happen, and why did no one tell me about it?" Rich demanded.

"Last night, and you weren't around," Scarlett replied.

"So does this mean that you two..." Rob trailed off.

Scarlett looked up at me, hazel eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, we're finally together," I replied, not taking my eyes off of her.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

AN: Scarlett and Jensen will return in "My Own Hero".