After

-SCARLETT'S POV-

I forgot we were filming Dean and Faith's first kissing scene today until Jensen was standing mere inches from me while the cameras were rolling. I managed to get all my lines out, but the second his lips met mine, my mind went totally blank. It was crazy how easy it was to kiss him. Our bodies moved in perfect synchronicity with each other and for a little while, it felt like we were the only two people present. It was like he was the last piece to a puzzle I'd been trying to put together for a while that I had found after it went missing for a long time.

Nothing in my life had ever felt so right, but then the director was yelling cut and reality hit and I realized it wasn't real. It wasn't Jensen kissing Scarlett, just Dean kissing Faith. It was all an act and that's all it ever would be. Jensen and I would never be together because we were just co-workers that happened to be cast as each other's love interest. The director had us redo the beginning where I grabbed his wrist as he tried to sneak up on me, and then we were done and I was rushing off while they set up for the next scene where Jensen and I headed back to the hotel room Sam and I were staying at.

I ducked into an empty room and shut the door, whipping my phone out to call Tom.

"Come on, pick up, pick up, pick up," I muttered.

"Aren't you supposed to be filming right now?"

"I have a few minutes while they set up the next scene."

"Are you okay? You sound out of breath."

"I just kissed Jensen."

"Wait, what?"

"Well, Dean kissed Faith. We just filmed their first kissing scene."

"Girl, why didn't you tell me that was today?" Tom demanded.

"Because I didn't even remember until we were standing toe to toe with the cameras still rolling while we were delivering our lines," I huffed.

"And then he kissed you."

"And then he kissed me," I repeated breathlessly.

"Well, how was it?"

"I swear the universe is mocking me."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"It was the best thing I've ever experienced, Tom. It felt so right, and we fit together so well, and it was like the whole world melted away around us, but then reality hit and I realized it was all an act and I'll never actually get to have that with him."

"Scarlett, you can't seriously be telling me that you still believe you two will never be together after admitting that kissing him was the best thing you've ever experienced."

I closed my eyes, raising my free hand to ghost over my lips as I thought back to the kiss.

"We're actors, Tom. We were just acting. It was written in the script for us to kiss, otherwise it wouldn't have happened."

"I swear if you really believe that, then you're stupider than I thought and I'm going to have to fly up there so I can come slap you in person," Tom practically growled into the phone. "He likes you, you like him, and now you've admitted that kissing him feels right. I say screw your petty argument, and go for it."

"I should probably get back for the next scene before they send someone to try and track me down."

"Alright, but I expect a full report after you go for it with him."

"Good bye, Tom," I hung up without waiting for a reply.

Taking a deep breath and ghosting my fingers across my lips one more time, I headed back to the set where the hotel room was set up for the next scene. Jared had arrived and was talking with Jensen off to the side in low tones. Luckily, Jensen and my kissing scene had been a closed set and so the other cast members couldn't watch, but I should have known Jensen would tell Jared about it anyway. Misha would also most likely be getting an earful later that evening. A few minutes later, the three of us had taken our places to start the next scene. 

"Cameras rolling... Action!"

I opened the door to the hotel room, entering ahead of Jensen. Jared was standing by a wall that was plastered with various articles, pictures and other random notes that was meant to look like research.

"Sammy," I greeted him.

"Hey, Faith," he replied without turning. "So get this, I called some other hunters and one of them mentioned this passage in the Bible. 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.' I think we've been looking at this the wrong way."

"That's great, Sammy, really. But I already figured it out."

"What?" Jared asked, turning to look at me then.

He froze when he saw Jensen standing behind me.

"Heya, Sammy," Jensen grinned at him.

"Dean? What...?"

"The Darkness took him," I explained. "Apparently they have a connection or something because he had the Mark when she was let out."

"The Darkness... wait, I don't understand. She?"

"She's God's sister," Jensen informed Jared. "Apparently, she got mad when he made people because she wanted it to be just the two of them, and so he locked her away. And then he made the Mark to keep her contained and gave the Mark to Lucifer to take care of, and then Lucifer passed it on to Cain who passed it on to me. When the spell was cast to remove the Mark, it unlocked her cage so now she's free and pissed."

"She's pissed? Why?"

"Her brother locked her up for millennia. How would you feel?" Jensen shrugged.

"So what, she's trying to find him?"

"That's what we think," I nodded. "She wants to talk to him; make him pay for what he did to her."

"That can't end well," Jared grimaced.

"Yeah, no kidding," Jensen chuckled.

"Okay, but I still don't understand something."

"What?"

"If she took you to tell you all this, why'd she let you go?"

Jensen and I exchanged a look and I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Well, uh, I guess she was done explaining it all to me, so she decided to let me go."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that."

Jared looked at Jensen skeptically, before moving his gaze over to me. I shrugged, swallowing hard as I felt my cheeks flush even more. It wasn't in the script, but after the kiss and seeing Jared and Jensen talking when I came in, I couldn't help it. I was genuinely embarrassed thinking about what happened before Jared showed up. I really hoped the camera operators were catching it all on film because I did not want to have Jared's scrutinizing gaze on me a second time.

"Dean, when are we ever that lucky?"

"W-well," Jensen stammered, trying to think of an example to give Jared. "There was that time, when... I mean, you remember that time we... Son of a bitch."

"Okay, you two are obviously hiding something, so what is it? What's the real reason she let you go, Dean?"

Jensen opened and closed his mouth a few times, trying to form words to explain.

"Something interfered with the connection," I piped up and both boys looked at me. "We aren't sure what, but that's what Dean told me."

Jensen gave me a small, grateful smile that disappeared when Jared turned his gaze back on him.

"Is that true?"

"Yeah," Jensen nodded. "Yeah, that's true. It was weird. One second she was talking about how the Mark linked us and the next I was on the street behind Williams."

We were all silent as Jared absorbed these words, neither Jensen nor I willing to divulge the real reason the Darkness had let him go.

"Alright, so what's our next move?" Jared finally broke the silence.