You Blew It

-JENSEN'S POV-

Scarlett was speechless following my confession, just staring at me, hazel eyes wide and mouth slightly gaping. I had noticed she was acting strange since I joined her, Jared and Cliff even though she tried to hide it with her normal banter with me. What I hadn't counted on, was that it was because she had picked up on my mood that I'd been in since my argument with Dani. She was doing a fairly decent job at hiding the reason behind her behavior for the most part until we got to the set.

"I said... And you didn't.... Are you fucking serious right now?!"

I winced at her outburst, shrinking away from her slightly.

"Listen, Scar, I didn't think-"

"Okay, I'm going to stop you right there. Mainly because there are two things about that sentence I already don't approve of. First of all, you don't get to call me that, because that's what my friends call me and after what you just told me we are definitely not friends," she began angrily. "And second of all, you clearly didn't think if you figured keeping something like that from me was a good idea."

"Scarlett, please-"

"I'll see you later, Ackles."

Unlocking her door, Scarlett fumed across the lot in the direction of her trailer. I sat there alone for a few more minutes before unbuckling and sliding out of the backseat. When I reached my own trailer, I found both Misha and Jared inside waiting for me.

"Welcome back, stranger," Misha greeted me.

"Hey, Mish."

I gave my friend a hug before taking a beer from Jared and cracking it open.

"How's JJ doing?" Jared inquired.

"She's doing a lot better. I think she's almost back to normal now."

"That's good to hear. What happened with Lightweight in the car?"

"Nothing good."

I put the bottle to my lips, taking a long swig while Misha and Jared exchanged a look.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well she went from calling me Douchebag to Jensen to Ackles if that tells you anything," I told them.

"She's mad at you?" Misha raised an eyebrow.

"Not just mad, pissed. I totally screwed up, guys."

"Alright, sit down, tell us what happened."

Sighing, I did as I was told, taking a seat on the couch before launching into the explanation.

"It started off alright. I asked her about how she was doing while I was gone, and she gave me some snarky response about how she'd already told me about that. I pushed and that's when she called me Jensen. When I called her out on it, she tried to cover it up by calling me Douchebag again, but I wasn't having it. She countered by asking about my bad mood when I got off the plane, and when I got defensive I slipped up and called her Scarlett Nicole. She got really quiet and I realized my mistake. When she asked me about it, I told her she had told me her full name the night she got drunk and then of course she wanted to know what else she said to me that night.

"I ended up telling her about how she basically outright admitted to liking me and how she thought she would never have a chance with me because of my history with Dani and having JJ. When I finished, she blew up, didn't let me explain why I didn't tell her, and stormed off."

By the time I was done talking, both my friends were staring at me like I had done something super terrible and should be getting arrested for my crimes.

"I don't know what to do, guys," I groaned, rubbing a hand over my face.

"Dude, you blew it," Jared spoke after a moment of silence.

"Thanks for the reminder, Captain Obvious. Now, do you have any helpful insights for me?"

"Why didn't you tell her what she said to you that night sooner?" Misha inquired.

"I thought I was doing her a favor. And she was just starting to open up and allow us to be friends. I figured if she knew what she told me, she wouldn't want to be anywhere near me."

"Well, congratulations, Jay. She now knows, is pissed at you, and doesn't want to be anywhere near you. At least if you told her right away, she would have had time to move on and accept it."

"But can't she still move on and accept it?"

"Sure," Jared nodded. "But now there's the added factor that you lied to her for over a month."

I groaned again, chugging down more of my beer.

"You blew it," Misha repeated Jared's words from before.

"What if I did something? To make it up to her?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know... Maybe Tom would have some suggestions?"

"You sure doing something is the best way to handle this?"

"What? As opposed to not doing something and having her be pissed with me?" I shook my head. "No, I need to do this, and fast."

"You realize she's probably talking to Tom right now and the second you call him for help he'll most likely chew you out, right?"

I sighed, getting up to grab another beer from the fridge. Misha was right, of course. While I told everything to my co-stars that were sitting in my trailer, she told everything to Tom. He was her best friend that she was closest to. So it could be assumed that the second she got to her trailer after storming off, she had called him to vent.

"Yeah, well, that may be, but I don't really have any other options at the moment, now do I?" I challenged my own friends, turning to face them.

"No, but, Jay-"

"Great. In that case, thanks for stopping by, boys, but I think I'm going to take a nap now."

They exchanged another glance before both standing to and exiting my trailer. Once they were gone, I went to lay down on the couch, plans to conspire with Tom to get back in Scarlett's good graces filling my mind.