Chapter 5

You woke up in an unknown bed. The first thing that hit you was the pain, you remembered it. Every time you woke from a fight you had the same, throbbing, dizzy pain which took you a day to get over. You moved slightly, feeling something odd behind you. Suddenly you remembered. Your shift. You tried to get up to search for a clock, however, you felt arms hold you back.

"Calm yourself Rear Admiral" Thrawn's gentle voice said.

"Grand Amiral" you stuttered in shock, you had forgotten about most of what happened last night.

"You must rest, I have already informed your superior that you will not be attending your station today" Thrawn said, a small smirk forming on his face at the not very funny joke he had just made, as his superior is him.

"But I have my shift" you said again.

"It was you who told me that someone who has been injured must rest for at least a day" Thrawn said, telling you back the information by heart. "I wish for my Rear Admiral to be healed and ready to serve her empire in her best condition" he almost cooed. his hand resting gently on your wound, still wrapped with the gauze.

"Yes sir" you mumbled, closing your eyes and leaning into the touch of Thrawn.

"Mitth'raw'nuruodo" he murmured.

"What?" you asked, confused and opening your eyes.

"My name" he said. You grinned, painfully turning to face him.

"Mitth'raw'nuruodo" you repeated. A flicker of a smile fell onto his face and he held you tighter to himself. "I love your name" you murmured, resting against his chest.

Thrawn said nothing in return, just holding you against his chest, his face nuzzled into your hair. For a moment you both relaxed, holding each other. However, Thrawn knew he had to get up. Slowly he let you go and kissed your head.

"Rest" he commanded, leaving you on the bed. "and do not hesitate to call me if you need my assistance"

You nodded, watching Thrawn walk into another room and leave you wrapped up in his own sheets. You slowly looked around his room, it was decorated with art, maps and sculptures. It was beautiful and you watched in awe at how a map on one of the walls moved and sparkled. Thrawn sure did have a good taste of art.

You rested your head against the pillow and got a whiff of Thrawn's smell. It was dark and subtle, you could not place what it reminded you of, but it was sure delicious and soon it helped get you to sleep.