Chapter 3

Thrawn the next day wished for you to come to visit a prisoner, which had been transferred to his ship. When you had both walked to it you had found the cell empty. You saw a flicker of emotion on Thrawn's face, one of realisation, like a plan was falling into place. You walk back to the office with him and he checks the maps, and one of the planets was gone.

"Is everything alright sir?" a stormtrooper asked, behind you both.

"Apparently so, yes" Thrawn said, his hands clasped behind his back. You stood beside him as the door opened. Two sentry droids marched in and immediately attacked one of the troopers, knocking it to the ground while the other sentry droid punched the other trooper away.

"override code (y/n)" he says at the droids. They carry on walking towards you and Thrawn, unfazed by the command which he had just said.

You pull out your blaster but it failed, it was jammed. Instead, you pulled out your knife and lunged at one, aiming at it's hips which were less armoured than the rest of it's metal body.

As you did this, Thrawn was attacking the other droid with his blaster. You both defeated your droids and you breathed heavily as Thrawn took out his speaker.

"Colonel, listen to me very carefully" Thrawn said. He sounded slightly out of breath, however, his calm voice remained. "Meet me at the hanger. Lyste will be escaping from there" Thrawn sighed, sitting at the edge of his desk and shutting off the communicator. He closed his eyes for a moment, pulling himself together.

"Why is the override code my name?" you asked "It's not that common"

Thrawn opened his eyes and looked at you out of the corner of them "I saw your training as an older student at the Royal Imperial Academy, I was impressed and you stuck in my mind" he explained cooly. "Your name is not common, therefore a perfect name to turn off my sentry droids.

You remember you had met Thrawn once or twice before he left the academy, you had no idea you had made such an impression on him.

"We must go (y/n)" he said, standing and leaving the room. You trailed behind him as you walked to the hanger and watched as Lyste was being taken by stormtroopers toward the cells. His eyes widened when he saw you and Thrawn, trying to stutter out how he was not the spy.

"Lyste's code cylinder confirms our suspicions" Yularen said. "He used it to override the security, realise the prisoner and contact the rebels"

"I have my own proof of Lyste's treachery," Pryce said. "Thank you for your brave actions, Agent Kallus"

"Well done" you added

"Unfortunately, not in time to stop him from an assassination attempt of the Admiral" Kaluus said. "My apologies, sir."

"None required. He did not succeed" Thrawn said. "The empire will make a note of your service, Agent Kallus. You may go"

Pryce, Kallus and Konstantine, leaving you, Thrawn and Yularen in his office. You were all frowning, unsure by the past events.

"Things have fallen into place a little too perfectly for my liking" Yularen said. "I don't think Lieutenant Lyste is capable of what you've accused him of"

"I agree" Thrawn said. "That is because Kallus is the rebel spy, Fulcrum"

"He used Lyste's cylinder to impersonate and implicate him" you said.

Thrawn nodded. "And more importantly, he used the young Jedi's power to gain access to my office and reprogram my droids" Thrawn said, scowling. "Very skillfully, I might add"

"I would never have suspected one of my best students was capable of this bretryal" Yularen murmured.

"And that is why you and so many others have been deceived" Thrawn said. "I am sure Agent Fulcrum will prove far more useful to the empire than Kallus ever was."