Chapter 2

It was 6:58 and you entered the Training room, a bag in your hand with everything that you needed to show Thrawn how you fought. You wore a tank top and leggings, it showed your scars more but you didn't really care, you were proud of many of them, you had one every battle which had littered you with these deep cuts.

"Rear admiral" he said, turning to you. He stared at you, looking you up and down, analysing you closely.

"Sir" you say, putting down your bag and smiling at him

"So (y/n), show me how your culture fights" Thrawn said, a smile appearing on his lips.

You explain to him there were two ways to fight, with just your fists and your ritual knife. You pull out your knife, handing it to him. He examined it, turning it over in his hand.

"Sharp" he commented.

"Yes" you say "It is a native stone found on my home planet. Keep it, that's my spare"

There is a hint of a smile on his face as he examines the knife with the eye of a collector. "Thank you" he said.

You carry on explaining how you fought with it, with fast moves and cuts at the face, hands or stomach. You had to be light on your feet and able to beat the opponent by tiring them out, stabbing them fully or waiting for the poison created by the stone to make them weak, as it slowed the brain receptors.

Thrawn was fascinated and together you started training with the knife, showing him the moves in detail, such as a forward thrust of the knife into the side of the chest and how to block by either jumping back or using your knife to block. Time ran away with you for a moment, so happy that someone would be interested in your culture that you did not notice the clock turning 11 and Thrawn stopping.

"My shift is about to being (y/n)" he said "This was very interesting, I hope to learn further"

You smile, nodding your head as you watch Thrawn leave his training room, the knife in his hand. You pack away your things and return to your room to sleep before your shift starts. It was wonderful that you could share your culture with someone who was interested and wanted to learn about it further. It also made you sad, you had left your family behind, to flee from an arranged marriage and so joined the empire to escape, leaving your family and friends behind.