30. Falling into your smile

Drama: Falling Into Your SmileCountry: ChinaEpisodes: 31Aired: Jun 23, 2021 - Jul 15, 2021Aired On: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, SundayDuration: 45 min.Content Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or olderScore: 9.2/10

Synopsis:

In the ultra-competitive world of e-sports, the all-male ZGDX OPL team is second to none. Armies of adoring female fans follow the team wherever it goes. But when one of the team's star players suffers a hand injury, the tall, handsome, and notoriously hard-to-please ZGDX captain Lu Si Cheng will not be rushed into choosing a replacement.The petite, lollipop-loving Tong Yao, meanwhile, is a budding amateur gamer – obsessed with OPL. Her skills are exceptional, but she is of the firm belief that in the male-dominated world of pro gaming, love is a big no-no – even though her own ex-boyfriend was a gamer. When the ZGDX team manager learns of her skills, he contacts her, thinking that recruiting her as the scene's first female player will help score a major PR coup. Lu Si Cheng is dismissive of her initially, but eventually agrees to accept her as a substitute – a move that polarizes the team's fanbase. But as they start to get to know one another better, could a closer bond begin to form between them?

----

Review:

Wanna have some good laugh, a full dose of fluff with adorable pairing with excellent supporting characters? Falling into your smile definitely won't fail you... to fall for its charm.

The story isn't magnificent itself (it offers nothing new) but I fancied its pace, progress, relationship dynamics, the portrayal of friendship, how characters are written and their interactions happen. I wouldn't consider it as fully plot-driven drama, it focuses more on the characters' life-development-problems they face. There isn't a specific evil antagonist here but it portrays the cruel reality of how social media, obsessive fans can play the role of antagonist with being so much toxic to the extent.

In terms of chemistry, I felt the spark and they are just so cute together. I can't imagine Chessman or Smiling without Xu Kai and Cheng Xiao. A classic example of a bickering couple, their fights are entertaining, the quintessential foundation for their relationship. The fact the progress in the relationship between them is very realistic surely adds more points. It does have an arc where it becomes more serious but it's just for short time... it never stops being rom-com.

IN SHORT, NAKAKAKILIGGGGG

I really liked the animations of games, it has a different feel and vibe. It's more satisfying than just listening to the commentary and actually visualizing what's happening in the game, plus the graphics were good so more than enough. Talking about the cinematography of the show it's not stunning but definitely decent, and as it's about gaming it doesn't need to be very beautiful.