Chapter 5

Yes, i completely changed the plot, at least here, why? Same as the last chapter, it just worked with the plot i have in mind for both Yae and Baal, so bare with me loves.

                                —×*×—

A light breeze blew onto his face, providing him his only source of refreshment from the burning air that seemed keen on suffocating him.

Aether leaned onto his sword, a ragged breath escaping his mouth.

Hands shaking and legs barely supporting his tired body.

He unintentionally close his eyes, as he tried to steady himself onto his feet.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe-

His eyes instantly snapped open, almost robotically, when he heard a faint but unmistakable 'zap', that signaled only one thing.

And surely enough, the Archon reappeared barely a foot away from him, the same, cold, stoic expression adorning her beautiful face.

This time, Aether barely made in time to lift his sword, blocking the electrifying sword, but still feeling the impact all over his poor, abused body.

After his little stunt, that he still didn't regret, the Archon had definitely stepped up, showing him finally her power.

And he definitely didn't back down, he just went full force too. He had managed to hit her and slash her a good number of times, mostly thanks to his Anemo, as he was able to gather up the strange air present there and manipulate it to his will.

But, of course, this was the Raiden Shogun. Hits that would probably pulverize anything else, was nothing but a mere slap to her.

Although she definitely wasn't holding back, the bruises of a thousand different colors and the numerous slashes and cuts decorating his body were prove of that, Aether couldn't help but feel like she wasn't giving it her all.

And he noticed the look in her eyes either everytime he did something to surprise her, or every time she delivered a powerful enough of a blow to throw him off her track.

It was terrifying.

If you were to ask him what he saw in her eyes, or what he felt when that stare pierced him, he wouldn't know what to say.

That look, that time to time would slip up instead of the stoic, cold look, held a mixture of interest, rage... desire?

The last came and went as fast as lightning, Aether was barely able to catch it, him trying his best to block her attacks from every direction made it even harder for him to specifically identify what that look meant.

He went on to block a few other hits, arms tired and worn out by all the cuts on them, legs still shaking with exhaustion. He was barely able to keep his eyes open, as every time the Archon got too close, the Electro around her would physically harm him, almost engulfing him completely if he didn't back the woman up in time.

He tried his best to resist, to attempt to make some kind of damage. His sword going to almost slash the taller woman, but the movement was sloppy, too slow for the speed of the Archon.

His arm being up, he exposed his body completely, giving the Archon full access for her next hit.

And it hurt, a lot.

He leaned once again on his sword, raggedy breath escaping his dry mouth.

He went to touch his stomach, hand staining a deep, strong red. His exposed stomach was now marked with an alarming big cut, going from one hand of his stomach to the other.
It wasn't deep, but it still hurt like no others.