Chapter 12

Hey guys! So, it's been a while I know, I'm so sorry. I got my first job as a babysitter at the end of July so it's been quite a struggle , and i started school again this week, but this year I'm starting with a different mindset, different so hopefully I can actually start being fucking consistent! Keep me in your prayers cause imma need every type of help I can get. Love you guys 💕

_—*—_

"Tighnari?!"

Said man was peacefully on his bed, resting.

That didn't happen very often, him resting, that is. He was a busy man.

So it was understandable, that when he heard the shrieking voice of somebody calling him out, he was more than a little irritated.

His sleepiness, or exhaustion, didn't really make it possible for him to identify who's voice was that. All he knew was that it was high, piercing, annoying, and he wanted it to stop.

He turned around in his bed, folding his ear on his head while simultaneously smashing a pillow over his face.

"Tighnari? Are you home?"

He really wish he wasn't. He wished that he had just stayed in the woods, on his usual nightly patrol.

But no, he actually wanted to willingly rest for a night, and even then, he still couldn't.

But he sure as hell would try, he would make sure to deactivate those stupid, super-hearing having ears of his, and get his ass to sleep.

Even throughout the shouting and screaming. Whatever it was, it could wait.

"Tighnari? Aether is not well, please-"

Or maybe it couldn't.

At the mention of the blonde's name, Tighnari's ear immediately sprung to attention. They were soon followed by Tighnari's body, sitting up in the bed.

Not it was pretty obvious that the high pitched voice belonged to the one and only Paimon.

He was still left confused, though.

It was not often that he would hear about the traveler not feeling well. At some point he even thought, that somehow, Aether just couldn't get sick.

The blonde was always on go, even after the harshest battles he would simply plaster that confident smile of his on that pretty face, walking off whatever injury he had sustained.

But even then, it really wasn't often that other would get severely hurt during battles.

The traveler was just amazing, and downright fascinating.

So while Tighnari walked to the door, he couldn't help but get increasingly worried and concerned.

What had happened for Aether not to feel well?

He approached the door, confusion growing as he heard Paimon's spit out some irritated words, seemingly arguing with someone. Was she arguing with Aether?

But he opened the door, preparing for the worst-

And well, what he saw definitely wasn't what he was expecting.

A distressed Paimon, desperately trying to hold a swaying and unbalanced Aether. Not doing a very good job, as in a split second Tighnari saw Paimon's little hands slip from Aether's shoulders.

And if Tighnari hadn't been there, the blonde would have had a not so fun encounter face first with the floor.

Paimon shrieking snapped him out of his initial confusion, fortunately in time for him to grasp the traveler in his arms.