Blind

Author's Note: There's a sequel to this story. I'll get to it eventually.

 Enjoy 

--------------------------------------------------

 Impulse's POV:

  " I-I've got ya, Grian." I whispered into the hybrid's ears as I activated the rockets around my legs. My entire body was shaking as I flew out of the void with Grian in my arms.

 Grian let out a weak wheeze as he dug his head into the crook of my neck. The hybrid's tail twitched, " I-It hurts..." he whispered as he tightened the grip of his arms around my chest.

 I nodded my head.

 It's okay....

 It's alright.....

 I kept repeating these words in my head as I flew out of the Boatem Hole and into the Boatem meeting zone where Scar and a downed Pearl were waiting for us.

 My entire body was shaking as Grian began to whimper even loudly. Slowly, I ran my hand through Grian's hair as I looked over at Scar.

 " S-Scar?" I exhaustedly spoke, " I-Is Pearl alright?" I questioned with a tilt of my head. Right before Grian fell into the void, Pearl had collapsed to the ground without warning. Grian tried to get to her, but he started to sway as soon as he tried to move and collapsed into the void.

 Without much thought put into it, I dove after him and just barely managed to save him before he was subjected to a painful, void death. Unfortunately, I can feel the effects of the void lingering on my skin, and Grian's not looking too good either.

 " S-Scar? Is Pearl alright?" I questioned as Scar looked back at me with widened eyes. Scar shook his head as he turned Pearl over.

 Oh... Oh my god....

 " P-Pearl...?"

 Pearl didn't have eyes. By that I mean, where Pearl's eyes should've been, there were only empty sockets: purple empty sockets.

 " Oh man..." I shook my head. This is crazy...

 Pearl twitched slightly causing Scar to jump and turn towards her. Carefully, Scar put his arm behind Pearl's back and slowly helped her until she was sitting up.

 " W-What happened?" Pearl questioned as she put her hand to her head.

 " W-We don't know?" Scar's voice cracked slightly as he kept a hand against Pearl's back. Pearl blinked(?) a couple of times, " Do you at least know why I'm blind?" she tilted her head slightly as Scar looked towards me with a pleading look.

 I cleared my throat as I readjusted Grian when he tried to dig his face further into my neck.

 " For some reason, you don't have your eyes, Pearl." I explained with a slight shrug despite her being unable to see me. Pearl turned her head towards me then slowly reached her hand up to her eye socket.

 Gingerly, she ran her fingers across where her eyes used to be then froze with a tight frown. Pearl's ears twitched as she leaned against Scar slightly, " I-Is Grian alright? I heard shouting while I was on the ground..." she crossed her arms.

 I looked down at Grian and attempted to pry him away from chest.

 " N-No.... Y-You're warm..." Grian whispered as h-

 " Ack-!"

 He dug his claws into my back.

 While sucking in a pained breath, I looked towards Scar and gently shook my head. Scar, with a nod, explained to Pearl what had happened within the void and what was happening now.

 Pearl nodded as Scar gently helped her to her feet; the two hermits both let out a sigh.

 " So, how are we going to get out of here?" Scar questioned as I looked up to the top of the Boatem hole.

 Grian shuffled again and let out an annoyed, tired squawk.

 " Will you let me fly us out of here?" I questioned as Grian moved his head in order to put his face in front of mine. Grian's eyes remained closed as he slowly moved his head, vaguely a nod, then settled himself against my chest.

 After giving Scar the all clear, and Scar checked with Pearl, the four of us carefully flew out of the Boatem Hole and over to Grian's base. If anything, Grian's starter base is the biggest and most leveled out of everyone's bases, mine included.

 " Do you have a bedroom, Grian?" I questioned as Grian shook his head. Grian let out a small chirp as he tiredly twitched and grumbled.

 With a shake of my head, I opened my inventory and brought out two beds. I tossed the beds onto the ground causing them to grow into the full bed. Grian sniffled as I slowly pried him off of my chest and gently lowered him onto the bed.

 Grian's eyelids twitched and slowly opened to reveal the same empty eye sockets as Pearl. The dragon-bird twitched slightly as he rolled onto his stomach and curled up into a ball. As I covered Grian with some blankets, Scar began to help Pearl down onto her bed.

 Once the two were fully comfortable, Pearl and I looked at each other and smiled.

 " Just stay there and regain your strength..." I told the two causing Grian to quietly churr and wiggle slightly; Grian's ears twitched as I spoke as he moved deeper into his nest of blankets. Pearl let out a similar noise from underneath her blanket.

 The two of us turned around and headed outside in order to get the two Boatem members some peace and quiet.

 " So, now what?" Scar questioned as he crossed his arms.

 " We go get Xisuma... or someone that knows about eyes going missing." I shook my head.

 Scar crossed his arms, " I've got a good idea..." he grinned.

 " Please tell me its not Jimmy or Martyn." I rolled my eyes as Scar chuckled. If anything, Jimmy is the easiest to get a hold..

 Scar grinned as the two of us headed out to find the portal that allowed us to visit the Evolutionist.