Simulation AU 3 (Boatem End)

Author's Note: A total of 3862 words (minus this little blurb here. The longest of the Simulation AU oneshots, and it's also the end of Boatem's story. Now, I can shift the attention over to the Octagon Duo and some others.

 I'm proud of this AU. It doesn't follow the canon of HC season 8, but don't worry, I have something planned for that. 

 Enjoy and I hope that you have a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it)  and a better new year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(An hour later after pt. 2)

 Grian:

 " How ya feelin' Pearl?" Scar questioned with a tilt of his head. Pearl blinked a couple of times, " 'm fine now, Scar." she mumbled, " Just needed some rest." 

 Slowly, Pearl sat herself up and stretched her arms and wings out. Mumbo cleared his throat as he cleaned up the cooking materials and blankets he brought out. The hybrid's wings twitched, " So, what happened to you, Pearl?" he questioned as he looked up towards the broken window. 

 Pearl looked towards the window; her ears went back as she shuddered and crossed her arms across her chest. 

 " I.. I don't really know, Mumbo. " Pearl shuddered, " I was trapped in dark room, and when I woke up for the first time... There was some sort of cloaked figure in front of me."

 I blinked.

 She hasn't told me that part. 

 Is Pearl remembering more about the thing that took her goggles and freed her from the simulation?

 Will she remember why it put her to sleep?

 " Do you remember anything else?" Scar questioned as he briefly glanced around; the hermit's eyes briefly glowed blue. I narrowed my eyes until Pearl put her hand against me and braced herself.

 I looked towards Pearl as her ears twitched. 

 " N-Not really... I just know that I fell back asleep and... Well... Grian found me." Pearl mumbled as she put her other hand to her face and rubbed at her eye.

 Mumbo crossed his arms, " Strange..." he mumbled as his wings fluffed up. The hermit looked around as he shivered slightly, " S-So... Are we going to get out of here now?" he questioned as he moved a bit closer to our little huddle on the floor.

 " Are you alright to fly, Pearl?" I questioned as I put my hand against Pearl's shoulder. Pearl blinked a couple of times; she shook her head as her ears lowered, " Sorry G... Still don't feel quite well." 

 My ears lowered as I frowned. Tiredly, I forced myself to my knees and turned towards Pearl; the hermit looked up at me with a equally heavy frown. 

 " That's alright Pearl..." I reassured her as I stretched my arm out. Slowly, Pearl wrapped her arm across my shoulders and sucked in a deep breath as the two of us stood up. The hybrid leaned against me and let out a deep sigh. 

 " S-So, how do we get out of here? Where are we going?" Pearl questioned as she looked towards me. I looked towards the way we came, " We're going through the front entrance, and we're also going to go investigate a factory."

 Pearl tilted her head. The hybrid's ears twitched as she stared blankly at me. Honestly, Pearl's staring is worse than any stare that can come from a Watcher or anyone else. My ears lowered as Mumbo cleared his throat.

 Stifling a sigh of relief, I looked towards Mumbo and found that he was holding Scar and Jellie. Mumbo's eye twitched slightly as he blinked a couple of times. Then, he turned his head and sneezed causing Scar to tense up and-