2. ANXIETY *

TW: some topics discussed in this chapter maybe sensitive to some readers. Readers discretion is advised.

And I know, I know they've all been talkin' about me
I can hear them whisper, and it makes me think
There must be somethin' wrong with me
Out of all the hours thinkin', somehow I've lost my mind
-Unwell by Matchbox Twenty

Sunlight filtered into Sophia and Steve's room. Sophia awoke, blinking against the sun.  She felt the heavy arm on her waist, relief flooding her knowing Steve was there.  She gently wiggled her way out from under him, not wanting to wake him.  She went to the restroom and came back.  She looked at the clock.  11AM.  "Steven. Steven. We are so late. Come on, get up!" she whisper-yelled.

Steve rolled and stretched.  "Sophia, love, come back to bed" he said lazily.

"We have a meeting with Prince T'Challa in half an hour."

"No, we don't.  I called him yesterday when I knew we would be late and pushed it until tomorrow.  Come back to bed love.  We both need the rest."  He lifted the covers to invite her back in.

Sophia crawled back into the bed and rested her head on Steve's chest, and he wrapped his arms around her. This was her favorite place in the world. She sighed and snuggled in deeper, earning her a chuckle from him.  "I missed you so much baby," she said.

"What? Nat doesn't snuggle as good as I do?" He teased.  He planted a soft kiss on the top of her head and then leaned his head against hers. "I'm here, sweetheart.  You don't have to worry." He held her a little tighter and sighed.  "My Sophia, I think we need to talk to the team today."

"Why? Is everything ok?" He could hear the panic in Sophia's voice.

"Everything is ok, I just feel like we need to have a team meeting.  We haven't had one in a while."

"Oh ok."  Sophia settled back down.  "Maybe we can have lunch together since the meeting was pushed?"  She suggested.

"That's sounds great love.  Hey Friday?"

Yes, Captain Rogers.

"Can you let the team know we are doing a team lunch at 1PM please?"

Certainly.

"Also please order from the deli, the usual?"

Right away.

"There.  Now we can relax before we have to get up."  Steve kissed Sophia's forehead.  "You look more rested love.  Have you not been sleeping while I was away?"

"I always had issues sleeping when you aren't here.  You know that."

"There's difference between not sleeping but still getting rest and not actually sleeping.  How many days?"

Sophia chews her lips, hesitating to answer. "Sophia," Steve says sternly.

"Six days," Sophia whispers.

Steve sighs and closes his eyes. "Doll why?"

Sophia keeps her head down and silent, running her fingers over Steve's abs.

"Doll, you could keep trying to distract me or you could talk to me. Either works for me but I think one is more important."

Sophia still wouldn't move.  She knew she was in trouble and didn't feel like dealing with it.  Deciding that the first option was the best option in the moment, she quickly straddled her fiancé and leans down to kiss his neck. She nibbles on his ear, causing him to groan. "Doll, Jesus," as she keeps assaulting him with kisses and gentle bites.  He runs his hands up and down her back and thighs, earning him a moan in his ear.  "Fuck, you win this round," as he flips her over to her back.