Chapter 4

Mari wondered why Joe looked so serious before she saw the elevator's doors closing. She then shrugged it off as she went to find her missing ID.

Dust floated each time she stepped on the ground. She didn't see any students around while she was searching for the missing item. She traced her steps until she found her missing ID. She crouched and squatted to reach for her ID. She didn't have to worry someone seeing her in her skirt since it reached to her knees and she was wearing shorts beneath.

"Whew! I thought I lost you." she talked to her thin rectangular shaped object and placed it back on her chord.

As she stood up, she noticed a certain white haired guy go through the vast sunflower fields  beyond the building.

"Vlad?" she asked as her feet started to lead her where the guy went.

'Geez! These sunflowers are tall! But they are very beautiful. Where in the world am I even going? Why am I somehow like Alice in Wonderland? No wonder I always get captured back when I was a child... No... They're the ones who are capturing me. There's  always something leading me where to go.' she thought.

She stopped when she saw a circular space with a bench in the  middle of the vast sunflower field. At center was a the white haired guy with his back facing her. He seemed to be watching the sun as it slowly sets on the horizon.

She silently walked towards him to avoid disturbing in what she thought was his peaceful time. He didn't seem to have noticed her as he continued to stare at the horizon. When she was finally beside him, she stopped.

Mari looked up, noticing the tears falling down from his blue eyes. Without saying a word, she wrapped her arms around him and gently squeezed him as if he was her pillow. This took him by surprise as he took a deep breath and looked at her.

"What are you doing?" he asked as heat went up his face, blushing from what Mari was doing.

"Hugging you until all your sadness goes away..." she replied as she pressed her cheek unto his chest.

"Is it gone now? Are you feeling better?" she asked and looked up at him, blue eyes staring into her brown ones, each looked like they were glowing from the sun's light.

He nodded as pink dusted his cheeks. He then sniffled and wiped away his tears. Mari smiled slowly parted away from him. She watched his hair look like they were turning into a different color as the sun slowly set. The sky was now painted with a reddish-orange hue and the two of them stood amongst the massive flowers.

"Why are you here, sunshine?" he asked.

'Sunshine?' she thought as pink were seen on her cheeks.

"I lost my ID and I tried to find it. When I did, I saw you enter the sunflower field and my feet led me here. Then, ta-da! I'm here!" she said and spread her arms which made him smile.

"How about you, Vlad? Why are you here in the first place? Did you need some time alone?" she asked.

"I don't really remember. Memories of my home just came back and somehow, it led me here." he replied and continued to look at the horizon.

"Oh, so you're feeling homesick too?" she asked.

She followed to where his eyes were staring at and squinted when she finally saw the sun. She covered her eyes and repeatedly blinked, trying to adjust her eyes from the light. Hearing him hum in response, she continued to speak.

"It's strange not having your family around, isn't it?" she asked.

Vlad shifted his eyes to look at her. It wasn't only him somehow bothered by the situation at hand.