i love you so much

just watched harry's football injury vlog and !! old wroetostar makes me so softtttt so i thought i'd write a quick one, cannot guarantee any of the facts are completely accurate since i don't know them in person and am not up to date with their lives

i said 'quick' but it ended up being 1879 words lol oops

"Hello!" Harry said as he walked towards the entrance of the pitch, his face brightening as he spotted the boy walking towards him, clad in his favourite Primark hoodie and clearly mid-vlog as well, judging by the phone he held in the air, the back of the case emblazoned with his red-and-blue logo.

"Hello hi!" Vik replied, grinning back. "You exist!"

"YAY!" Harry exclaimed, walking closer and closer until their phones collided. Cheeks hurting from the force of his smile, he stopped filming and pulled Vik into a hug, the smaller boy tilting his head downwards slightly to press the side of his face against Harry's neck.

The two of them video-called at least once a week and texted every day without fail, but there was nothing quite like seeing your favourite person in real life, feeling their skin against yours, their warmth in your arms. He closed his eyes and pressed a fleeting kiss to Vik's forehead before the shouts of the other boys forced them to break apart.

Harry's fingers itched to intertwine with Vik's as they walked over to join the group, but he settled for sticking so close to his side that their shoulders touched with every step and brushing the backs of their hands together before he split off to greet the rest of the gathered YouTubers he hadn't seen in person in a while.

From the moment they met, Harry had felt an inexplicable pull towards Vik. At first, he explained it away with them being the two youngest and Vik being the closest to him in age, but after months of catching himself staring at Vik's face, admiring his features, and craving the sound of his voice, he could no longer keep denying the truth of his feelings.

A few Google searches, awkward quizzes, and heartfelt conversations with his family later, Harry was officially bisexual and had a raging crush on his best friend. Given his romantic history consisted of a week-long middle school when he was eight and a few fumbling months with Katie that had fizzled out before it had the chance to go anywhere, he'd had no idea what to do. And that was all before he factored in the problem of Vik potentially not being interested in men.

His solution was to ignore the aforementioned raging crush on Vik and go ahead and announce his discovery to the boys. Rejection had never been a consideration of his - despite their jokes and banter, he knew none of them were homophobic and they wouldn't treat him any different - so he hadn't seen any point in delaying the inevitable. 

During a routine trip to Nandos, Harry stood up, said "By the way, I'm bisexual," sat down, and stole a piece of chicken from Ethan's plate. 

Never in his wildest dreams had he expected Vik to stand up after the frenzy and outpouring of support had died down and say, "Me too." Harry had choked on a bone and descended into a coughing fit, hacking his lungs out before joining the others in their uproar.

Vik's casual declaration following his own had solved that part of the problem, but the issue still remained that the other boy probably wasn't interested in him. Harry fretted about it for months, overthinking every interaction they had and convincing himself that Vik could never look at him that way. For all his loud, fearless energy, his social skills had always suffered from nerves and anxiety.

It all came to a head when the two of them were on a video call in the dead of night - something they had found themselves doing increasingly often, though he told himself it was purely platonic. During a rare lull in the conversation, Vik had sighed, stared at him straight in the eyes, and said, "Harry, I like you."