2

I woke up from a nap I took and realized that the room i was in wasn't mine. I look around, trying to remember where I was, but my memory was failing me. I look up and notice a camera in the corner of the room.

I slowly get up from the bed and reach for the door, trying to open it. The handle stayed in my hand and I was locked in the room. I decide to look around for a bit and discover that this was a guest room, since there weren't any personal belongings present. I notice a little rattle sound coming from the door, before it burst open. A guy dressed in black enters the room, with a plate in his hands.

« Here's your food » he says absently

« uh excuse me but where am i? »

He barely looks at me and says « the mistress will be back shortly with a few explanations regarding your situation »

I was utterly confused at his response but didn't have more time to ask any questions as he locked the door again. I sat in the bed and looked at the plate that was on the side table. Should I eat? i heard my stomach grumble and decided to take a bite of the food. Surprisingly, it was very tasty and I hoped that it wouldn't be poisoned otherwise i'll be in big trouble.

I reach for my pocket as I feel my phone buzz and unlock the screen.

« 58 missed calls from mom and dad » it says.

I stare at the screen blankly and lay on my back. What was the meaning of this? I tried calling back but i only heard their voicemail on the phone. I give up on trying and start questioning what was happening. If this was a kidnapping of some sort, they would've at least frisked me and took my phone away, right? Why did they deliberately give me the freedom to keep my phone, jacket, and shoes? I was also in a very nice and tidy room, plus they offered me pretty good food. Who was that mistress anyways?

As if someone heard me, the door opened again, and an elegant lady popped in the room, a wide smile covering her face.

« You are finally awake! » she looks at me and smirks. « You've been knocked out for pretty long. I insisted that they only give u a few doses of drug tho. »

« You drugged me? Wait- first who are you? »

« No need to know, I only need you to call your adoptive parents and ask them to bring me what i need to free you »

Adoptive? What is she on about?

« Are you asking for a ransom? Just tell me how much, I'll venmo it to you right away. »

« Oh sweetie » she starts and leans in so that her face is close to mine « no amount of money can repair what your parents took away from me »

« Would you mind explaining? »

« No. You wouldn't understand anyways. » she turns back to the door and shouts « tell them to do as i say if they still have a desire to stay alive. »

She locks the door again and i am left in complete shock and disbelief. What have my parents done to this lady and what does she want that isn't money? I call my parents god knows how many times and still no answer. I tried calling each of their work offices, but no one picked up. I was starting to believe that they blocked my number, when I suddenly saw an incoming call titled « mom ». I rush myself to pick up and bring the phone closer to my ear.

« Mom? »

« My dear Alyssa, I am sorry for what is happening to you, but you will have to forget about me and your dad. »

« Huh? »

« We aren't your real parents, we only adopted you, and this lady that kidnapped you is an old family friend of your real parents. »