3

I am straight. In other words, heterosexual. However, these days I could feel my sexuality waver. I've always been sexually attracted to men, although I found it hard to emotionally attach myself to them. But recently, my attention was caught by this girl in my class. I've never really noticed her before until now. She had short dark hair, brown eyes, and a bright smile that could light up a whole city by itself. We barely talked nor interacted all together, but I felt like I was starting to develop a girl crush on her. I'm using the word « girl » crush because I am still unsure if I LIKE LIKE her or if I just admire her. Know what i'm saying?

Anyways. I close my locker and get ready to go to first period when I suddenly bump into someone. I lift my head up and notice the girl in question, Anna, staring at me.

« Oh- Sorry I wasn't looking-»

« Hey you don't have to apologize I wasn't looking either! » she says

We both stand there for a couple seconds before the bell rang. Once we realized how late we were, we rushed into the classroom but the teacher sent us to the office.

« Gosh I can't believe she wouldn't let us in but let that asshole Dylan go » she yells

« Double standards. Plus she's a pick-me teacher. » i sigh in disbelief

We wait for the head of the school to let us in her office.

« I've never seen you both girls here? What have you done wrong? »

« We were a few seconds late to first period and the teacher wouldn't let us in... » i started

« ...but she let another classmate get away with it. » she continued

The lady rolled her eyes and sighed.

« She's at it again. She makes male students get away with most stuff but won't excuse girls. This is unacceptable. You girls can go, here's a pass. »

She hands us a green pass and I grab it before thanking her and heading out.

« I can't believe the teacher has already done this before! The head looks so used to her doing this-»

We both shake our heads and walk back to class. But right before entering, I grab her shoulder and stop her.

« Hey, do you wanna skip? » Her eyes start shining.

« I wasn't sure to ask! yes yes yes!!! » she excitedly replied

We run in the opposite direction from the classroom and open the hallway's front door and proceed to leave school. I show her the way to my car and we both hop in, buckling up and leaving for good. This wasn't my first time skipping class, yet I felt euphoric. Was it her presence that made it more exciting? Who knows. We blasted music and decided to go get breakfast from the closest coffee shop.

When we arrived, I felt the rush calm down and my thoughts becoming clearer again. I lock my car and enter the shop, keeping the door for her.

« What a gentleman~ » she chuckled

« Only for you m'lady. » she laughs a bit more before finding a good spot to sit at.

The waitress came in and looked at us with sweet eyes.

« Today is your luck day! There's a special offer for couples! »

I was confused at first then realized that she thought we must be dating. I look up at her and get ready to correct her mistake when the girl speaks first.

« What is the offer? Today is our one month anniversary so I hope it's worth it! »

The waitress showed us the food combos that were proposed on the couple menu and we decided to go for it. After that, she even got us two cupcakes on the house because it was our « anniversary ».