7

I enter the empty classroom that I was assigned to set myself up before getting started. This was the first class I was ever going to teach and I felt a bit nervous. I recently graduated and will be teaching a psychology course at my local university.  I peek at the clock and take a few deep breaths. The students should be here any minute now. It was kinda weird for the professor to be here before, but I was so nervous that I'd probably end up tripping and fall head first while walking in.

The door creaked loudly and a tall figure made its appearance into the classroom. His face turned to me, looking as startled as I did, and he let out a sigh.

"Jesus. You scared me."

"Right back at you. Never seen someone open a door like that."

He throws his bag on a table and starts walking up to me. He leans down in order to face me and places his hands on my thighs.

"You know what else I can open?"

He quickly backed off and went to his seat and a few students started coming in. What the fuck was that? I needed to calm down. And by that I mean both my heart and my dick. I had to stand up to introduce myself but what was going on down there was way too obvious. Uh oh. I wait a couple minutes to make sure that everyone is here and by the time I got up it had already cooled down.

"Welcome to Psych 4301! In this course we will..."

I go on with a thorough course introduction and then I introduce myself too. They were pretty attentive, to my surprise, and the class came to an end before I realized it. The classroom emptied out as fast as it filled up, except for one person.

"You may have gotten your way with other professors but I won't fall for your tricks. You have to earn your grades just like everyone else."

"Oh who said I was doing this for the grade?"

I was taken aback and tried to decipher the challenging look on his face. Who was this guy? What did he want from me? I had so many questions but all I did was place my laptop inside of my bag and headed for the door. There was no way this little fucker was going to get me fired on my first day of work.

"Make sure to turn the lights off and shut the door with you. I expect normal behavior for the next class or I'll report you to the dean."

He scoffed and tossed his bag on his shoulder before bumping into me on his way out. He mumbled something about good to see me again or whatever. I didn't care enough to get mad, I had other things to take care of. And by that I mean going home and taking a nap.

As soon as I reached my doorstep, I heard bursts of laughter coming from the inside. Did someone break in? My family rarely visited and the only person that knows where I hide my spare key is my younger brother. But why would he be here?

I decide to open the door and as soon as I step inside, something heavy throws itself at me and almost makes me fall back. The thing turned out to be my brother. I'm still not over the jumpscare but I was happy to see him again, it's been a while. What I did not expect however was the person he brought along. It was that freaking weirdo from this morning. Who the hell was this guy? And why was he at my house? He gets up and greets me while putting up an innocent face, but the way his eyes lit up sent a shiver down my spine.

"Oh remember Jay from back home? You guys haven't met in ages! He moved here to attend uni so I came to visit him and I thought we'd drop by before I leave.  Surprise!"

My brother said this so casually. Jay? Wasn't he the kid who used to beg my brother to let him come over so he could eat mom's food? Some things never change I guess. What did change though was HIM. He grew as tall as me (if not taller). I thought my brother was trolling but looking at Jay I could recognize some of his features. But he still looked so different now. To say he had a glow up would be an understatement because bro was drop dead gorgeous.