Chapter Seven

When you devise a plan, the number one rule is to make sure everyone knows their roles, right? Each person has a set thing they must do and to follow it without fucking the whole thing up

When you devise a plan, the number one rule is to make sure everyone knows their roles, right? Each person has a set thing they must do and to follow it without fucking the whole thing up. Kissing JJ was not part of my role. I want to blame it on the alcohol, but by that time I was sober enough to realize whose lips were on my own.

And the worst part is, that I will never admit to anyone other than my fucked up mind, is that as much as I wanted to feel something... I didn't. JJ and I have this insane energy where we're able to bounce off the other, laugh until we cry, and cry until we laugh, but something in that kiss was missing. Something that had me thinking of the way Rafe's hands push my body against the wall while his lips trail my neck. And that something, made me feel like shit.

When I arrive at the Cameron's, a repetitive thumping sound is heard. Rounding the corner, much to my surprise is Rafe throwing a tennis ball against the large garage door with the arm that was run over by Barry just last night.

"Why do you look like shit?" Are the first words out of his mouth.

"Good morning to you too." Rolling my eyes as I approach him, glaring at the bright red burn on his skin.

Rafe is dressed in a pink, white and blue polo with a khaki-colored bathing suit covering his upper thighs. His hair, usually tucked away in a hat is down the middle with both pieces falling on either side of his forehead. He looks like a super kook.

Me, however, I'm dressed in jean shorts and an oversized t shirt that belongs to one of the pogues, I can't remember who at the moment.

"We need to be on the boat in fifteen minutes. You're not getting on like that." Rafe says, looking me up and down slowly with a look of disgust on my face.

"Jesus, Rafe. I have some extra clothes in Sarah's room." I tell him, crossing my arms. He looks unamused as he leads me inside the massive estate.

Rose is standing at the bottom of the stairs with a woven bag hooked on her arm. She smiles at me softly and I mimic the action. Rose has always been nice to me, but I don't know how genuine it is.

I follow Rafe up the stairs and turn left towards Sarah's room. His footsteps still follow me, and I stop outside of her door.

"Privacy, please?"

The blonde smirks. "You act like I haven't seen you naked before."

"Didn't you say that I looked like shit not even five minutes ago?" I ask, opening the door to Sarah's room. Rafe doesn't follow me in, and I make my way towards the massive closet. Skimming through the selection, I find my clothes that I've left tucked away on a shelf. I decide a hot pink bikini, a simple white tank top and denim shorts. I throw my hair up into a high ponytail and use makeup remover to get whatever was left from last night off my face.

Rafe's figure in the mirror has me pressing my hand to my chest. His jaw is clenched tight as he looks my reflection up and down, his eyes landing on my semi exposed chest.