Results

(S1 E6 - Rage, You Damn Nerd) Part I

I look up at the screen projecting our rankings. Who's last?..
Izuku Midoriya.
"And I was lying. No one's going home."
The other's mouths open in shock.
"That was just a rational deception, to make sure you gave it your all on the tests."
I knew it. I bask in that for a moment.
Can't fool me, Eraserhead.
"I'm surprised the rest of you didn't figure that out." Yaoyorozu interjects "I'm sorry, I guess I probably should have said something."
She's definitely as smart as the rumors portray, at least.

I look back up at the board. Top ten.
Yaoyorozu is first. Todoroki second. I was right after all. Bakugo was third.
Iida, Tokoyami, Shoji.
I'm seventh, with Oijiro and Kirishima following right behind. I smile slightly, willing to admit I've been rooting for Kiri to be in the top ten.
"That was pretty nerve-wracking, huh?" Sero says, looking relieved.
"Nah, I'm always down for a challenge." Kirishima responds, grinning back.
Bakugo huffs a little behind him. Man, is he always cranky? That oughta be fun in class.  And nerve wracking.
"That's it, we're done for the day." Aizawa says. "Pick up a syllabus in the classroom. Read it over before tomorrow morning."
With that, I stop paying attention, glancing back at Kiri. "Hey, do you wanna come with us to the store to pick up snacks before we all go home?" He asks, noticing the stare and smiling at me.

"Me? Uh.. Sure. Okay." I give a tiny wave to Kaminari, whom I assume is coming too.
"I just figured it'd be a good way to get to know my classmates, you know?" He chuckles a little, starting off on the sidewalk. I walk on his right, Kaminari on his left.
"I think it's a good idea. Uh, I haven't officially met you yet." He turns to me. "I'm Kaminari Denki. I don't mind if you call me by my first." He smiles, and I attempt to look like I'm smiling back, underneath the mask.
"Hayashi Kyasupā. You can call me Kya."
"So, what's the mask for? Pretty intimidating."
"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask that too!" Kiri adds in. "It looks like a gas mask."
"It's um.. It's more like an inhaler. I guess. It's for my quirk." I answer, vaguely avoiding the question.

"Man, so you already have a support item? That's really cool." Kirishima says, turning the corner as we head to the door of the convenience store. Denki gets a couple bags of chips and Kiri carries them, me shaking my head every time I get asked if I want something.
"Okay, but are you sure? I don't mind splitting the cost with Kaminari.." He insists.
"No no, I promise I'm fine." I insist back, pulling him to the counter before I get pestered again.
"Fine, fine." He sighs, as they both pay for the snacks and head back out the door.
"Hey, I'll see you both tomorrow, okay?" Kiri says as he divides the snacks between the two boys.
"Sure. Bye, Kirishima. Bye Kaminari."
"Seeya!" Denki calls as he heads off.
We all go their seperate ways, and I smile a little, putting my hands in their pockets and looking down. What a nice first day, despite the teacher's threats.