Not So Tough

(S2 E15 - Roaring Sports Festival)

The day went by in a blur, even training.

I sneak and manage to hug Bakugo from behind at the end of the day, vanishing before he blows my face off. I reappear next to Kiri and grab his hand, smirking as we run away from the angry blonde behind us.
"Kya! Oh, crap-" He yelps, as the ground next to our feet ignites.
Eventually we lose him, but I can't bring myself to let go of Kirishima's hand. He hasn't said anything yet, so..
The sky above us booms. I look up, seeing some dark clouds approaching fast.
"Uh oh. Didn't know there was gonna be a storm today. I take it you don't have an umbrella?" Kiri asks with a raised eyebrow.
"Ahh, no. Better make a run for it. I think there's a bus stop ahead." I sigh, breaking into a jog again.
He keeps pace with me as it starts to pour, minutes before we get to shelter.
"I'd say we made it, but uh- we're both soaked."
Eijirou laughs as he shakes some water off his sleeves. I grin in response, which shows through my eyes.

"Hey, you're shivering." The smile falls from his face as he looks at me more closely.
"What? no no, I'm good." I lie, letting his hand go and stuffing mine in my pockets.
"You're a terrible liar. C'mere."
He pulls me to his chest and wraps his arms around me.
"I'm not all that warm myself, but my body heat should help." He says, resting his cheek against my head. I feel my face turn pink.
"Okay."
A moment passes, and I recover my hands to wrap my arms around him too.
"Thanks."
I look up at his messy hair, flattened from the water, slightly amused.
He looks back down at me. "What?"
"Your hair."
"Oh yeah. I guess it's not down very often, huh?"
"It's nice like that." I amend, not wanting him to feel awkward about it.
"Really?" He smiles, his eyes twinkling a little.
"Don't get a big head about it." I roll my own eyes at him, before bringing a hand up to brush some of his hair out of his face.
"There."

"Man, the rainstorm really came out of nowhere." Kirishima says, looking up at the clouds above.
"It's loud." I mumble, pressing the side of my head to his neck. He gently puts his hand over my exposed ear, and leans down so I can hear him. "Better?"
I nod, closing my eyes for a moment.
"I'm sorry for being so touchy, but you're still shivering, and I wanna make sure you're okay."
"I'm comfy." I say quietly.
"You're comfy?" He hugs me a little closer. "Okay, good. I'm comfy too. I used to be kinda scared of storms, but I find them pretty calming now. So is being here with you."
I look up at him with a hidden smile.
"You're sweet."
He stares at me, and I stare back. I realize just how close in proximity we are, with our arms wrapped around each other. The hand that was over my ear moves to my cheek.
"I never really noticed how pretty your eyes were."
He murmurs, and I blink. Are they? Pretty? I mean, grey's a pretty bland color.
"Sorry, that was kinda out of of the blue." He says sheepishly, looking away.
"I think your eyes are pretty too." I say, tilting my face into his palm.
"Oh yeah?" He meets my gaze again.
"Yeah."

"Hey, I uh.. I know this might be out of nowhere, and I might totally be reading the situation wrong, but with you so close and all.." He takes a breath. "Could I kiss you?"
It takes me a second to process the message my ears just recieved. Kiss me?
"I- I mean, yeah. If you want."
My heart hammers in my chest as I continue to stare at his face. The mere two inch height difference sure made an impact in this sort of situation.
"Okay.. Hey, don't look so nervous." He says, smiling at me.. nervously.
"Look who's talking." I say in a teasing tone.
Kirishima gently lifts my mask so it settles around my collarbone, exposing the lower half of my face.
If he couldn't see me blushing before, he sure could now.
The pad of his thumb gently brushes my cheek as he leans closer to me, our lips inches apart.
I close my eyes as they meet. His kiss is warm, and very gentle. I figure he's probably worried about his teeth. He starts pulling away, but I don't really want to be done yet, so I tug him by his shirt back into another kiss.
It lasts a couple more seconds, and then I feel him smirk against my lips as he pulls away, uncountered this time.
"That was nice."
I feel my face heat up more, which makes me tuck my chin to hide behind my mask.
"Y-Yeah. It was."
"So uh, the rain stopped." He says, looking up at the diminishing clouds.
"Oh. So they have. Do you.. Still wanna spend the night?"
"If you'll still have me." Kirishima gives me a sidelong glance.
"I don't see why not."