Season 2: Episode 10 - Meeting of the Minds

Episode 10 - Meeting of the Minds

It was just another fresh morning in Duckburg and another Library day for Huey Duck. The eldest triplet was by one of the shelves looking for a book to read with a look of content.

Huey: Ahh, a peaceful library day to get away from annoying brothers, learn something new and read something fun. He takes out a book and looks at the cover. "Mystery of the Haunted Mansion Volume 2." Looks like I found something fun!

After finding more books Huey is carrying a pile of them towards the desk but he doesn't see the girl he's about to bump into carrying a pile too. The both of them yelp when they bump into each other and land on their tail feathers while dropping their books.

Huey rubs his head and when he opens his eyes he becomes mesmerized by the beauty of the girl he meets.

Huey is face to face with a purple anthropomorphic hummingbird. She has blue eyeshadows, dark black curly hair tied into a ponytail with a mint green ribbon and one lock on the left side of her face. Her cheeks have three freckles, her bill and beak are dark purple and she has three purple tail feathers with white tips. She wears a mint-green shirt with a darker colour scheme on the collar and tight black trousers.

The Hummingbird shakes her head and becomes mesmerized when she meets Huey face to face. They both snap out of it immediately.

Huey & Hummingbird: Oh! Sorry/my apologies!

Huey: I didn't mean to bump into you like that!

Hummingbird: No, no, it was my fault! I should've looked where I was going. I'll help you with your books.

The hummingbird scrambles to pick up Huey's books and Huey with hers. When the girl picks up a peculiar book she becomes intrigued.

Hummingbird: Is this volume 2 of Mystery of the Haunted Mansion!?

Huey drops some books and turns in surprise.

Huey: Yes! It is! You know this book!?

Hummingbird: The girl gives a stoic smile as she holds the book. Yes. I've recently been getting into the habit of reading supernatural mystery genre books. And this book has already become my favourite.

Huey: It's one of my favourites too! I loved the part when Herbert faced down the mysteries and ghosts of the mansion…

Hummingbird: …With nothing but his wits and determination. I'm most interested when he encountered the diary of the spirit of the mansion's previous owner. It's truly a fascinating book.

Huey: You said it. I'm so absorbed into the book I can never seem to sleep at night.

The librarian comes up and shushes them both.

Librarian: Violet! If you're going to talk then do it quietly.

Violet: Yes ma'am. After the Librarian leaves the girl now known as Violet looks back to Huey. Perhaps you and I could read it together. I planned on looking for it after returning these books.

Huey: Sure. It'd be nice to read this book with someone for once. My brothers can't seem to appreciate the mystery in it.

Violet: Most people never do.

Huey: Huey bends down to pick up the books. Here, I'll help you return your books before we read it.

Violet: Really, you'd do that for me?

Huey: Of course, it's the least I could do. Junior Woodchuck, Rule 77: A woodchuck always does his best to make amends for his mistakes.

Violet: Violet widens her stoic eyes in surprise. You're a Junior Woodchuck?