C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

Harry felt his hands slip down from Hermione's shoulders, retreating back to his sides as he watched Parkinson gaze down at Draco. She grasped his hand, rubbing soothing circles on his skin almost like she was trying to let him know that he wasn't alone.

Hermione bit her bottom lip in angst, wondering what Harry's reaction was going to be.

The boy simply swallowed down all the questions he had, and settled for only asking the one. “ What do you mean, it's me? ”

Parkinson's eyes were cold as she stared up at Harry, her complection almost as pale as Draco's skin. It was clear that she was fighting back her own tears, so instead she coughed up a dry laugh. “ What are you, stupid? This is all your fault-! ”

“ -Pansy, don't ” Hermione warned, taking a step forward. “ Harry couldn't have known. Hell! He didn't know! ” she seethed, the glimmer of malice she held for the Slytherin group shone through as she spoke, “ I know you're hurting, Pansy. I am too. But you can't blame Harry. ”

Pansy's brows furrowed. “ What? So you're saying it's Draco's fault? ”

“ Of course not. I would never- ”

“ - could somebody please just tell me what's going on? ” Harry asked, his fists clenched in agitation. He was being blamed for something and he didn't even know what it was. How could any of this possibly be his fault? Suddenly, his head felt like spinning again. A sharp, burn-like, sting swirled from his scar.

Thoughts of a red haired girl seemed to flood his mind, only to pour out of it again. “ Harry? ” Hermione then asked, her voice and gaze now softer as he clutched his forehead. “ Harry, what's wrong? ”

“ Nothing ” He hissed. “ I'm fine. It's just a headac- ”

“ -Harry! ”